• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many of these Yawning Portal denizens from Waterdeep: Dragonheist can you identify?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is a fun page from Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. How many can you identify?

DmQPos4X4AYDcJ8.jpg-large.jpg

Heh, I believe there's plain old Matt Mercer, reading his book by the table of monsters. And Alias going into the well (or coming back from), with Olive Ruskettle nearby.

I also recognize the barrels of booze behind the bar, from Aurora’s Whole Realms and other places. There appears to be something called “mint wine.” Which is a real thing, to my surprise.

pukunui

Legend
11 looks like Hommet from SCL
21 is Volo, who might be talking to Artus, who’s dragged a zorbo back from Chult with him?
53 is Dragonbait, who looks like he might be talking to Joe Manganiello’s dragonborn paladin of Tiamat. Arkhan? Not sure who the dragonborn with dreads is.
Looks like some of the Seven Sisters hanging with Elminster. The drow is Qilué. I’m going to guess that the other two are Alustriel and Laeral. Don’t know who the black-robed guy is.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Agreed. Both interesting and odd, since they haven't included anything as cartoony as this in any of the previous books.

Plenty of tradition for that, though, going back to 1E and Basic. I like it, seems a natural response to the material culture building around the hobby.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads