• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many of your own PCs can you remember?

How many of your [i]own[/i] PCs can you remember the names of?

• None

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 2-3

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • 8-15

Votes: 82 32.8%
  • 16-31

Votes: 39 15.6%
  • 32-63

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • 64-127

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 128-255

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 256 or more

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Poll closed .

Feathercircle

First Post
All of them, every single one.

Granted, I've only been playing for about two or three years, and much of that was DMing... so, um.. six, going on seven.

Jeremiah Tansden, half orc ethos cleric (in the Realms... !?)
Svava, human valkyrie in the Norse Campaign.. (NEVER play a paladin-equivalent in a party where everyone's chaotic or evil or both!)
Chuugachik, kobold sorcerer (sp? Ghaa, what a godawful name... from the campaign where we all quit after one inept session)
Ivory Raven, human sorcerer (with anterograde amnesia, whee!)
Chaya Autrimps, human dynamic sorcerer (BESM- the campaign went from level one to epic in three weeks! ^^;;;; )
Ikanthilossk, aka "Ika", illithid bard (current character in Nordom's Planescape campaign)
Feathercircle, aasimar expert (and culler- soon to join the planewalker forum roleplays, when I'm not too overworked to come up with a good intro post.)

And yes, I'm aware of the fact that "ika" is Japanese for "squid". It was completely unintentional- I found that out at a sushi restaurant, long after creating the character...

Last edited:

Greywarden

Explorer
256 or more... no really, I GM and have a master list of NPCs for my campaign background (Modified Greyhawk/Spelljammer/Planescape). Last time I actually counted it was over 1500 names... and that was a good while ago.

But as to PCs that I have actually played, how many do I remember??

All of them, if its DnD they end up on my master list, if its something else, well I keep track of them anyway*... So we're talking 30-40 characters over the years.

*My World of Darkness characters in someone else's campaign got recycled as NPCs in my GURPS Illuminati/WoD/Cyberpunkish Campaign.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
I've been playing D&D and other role-playing games since 1980.

I can't remember clearly characters I played before 2000. Also, a lot of the pre-2000 characters were based on novel characters (for instance Green Lantern in Champions or Conan the Barbarian or Aragorn).

Post 2000 characters I've played:
Endur Stonehelm, Sir Tomas (2 paladins)

Only includes characters I played several times and I remember the name.

Abraxas

Explorer
Just in the various guises of D&D - In order

1st Edition
Argus Lightfoot (Dru/Thf)
Sylvia Lightfoot (Rng)
Leavel Blackleaf (Dru/Thf)
Luthor Greyshadow (Thf)
Danton Black I (Ftr)
Danton Black II (Ftr)
Danton Black III (Ftr)
Tesserac (MU)
D'Arctangent (Clr)
Omac (Ftr)
Omnedon Exitialius (Ftr)
Croyd (Ftr)
Magnus Ironwood (Clr/Rng/Mu/Thf)
Sir Sebastian (Pal)
Vargus Bronzefeld (WarSmith)

2nd Edition
Guiness the Stout (Thf)
Zaphod (Dru)
Maleclypse the Younger (Dru/Rng)
Sir Abraxas (Pal)
Magnus 'IrMathea (Ftr/Arch)

Vargus Bronzefeld (Ftr/Clr)
Fein (Ftr/Clr)
Caleb (Ftr/Clr)
Buliwyf (Ftr/Thf)
Tellig (Ftr/Clr)
Cade Lackey (Ftr/Clr)

3rd Edition
Gideon (Ftr/Rog/SD)
Grymjak (Clr/DD/Con)
Oskin Trevail (Clr/Ftr)

Adding in characters from CoC, Traveler, Champions, Gurps would probaly bump this up another dozen or so .. .. ..

Agemegos

Explorer
Greywarden said:
But as to PCs that I have actually played

Like it says in the title of the thread, like it says in the poll question, like it says in the original post: I am interested in the number of your own player character that you remember by name. Not someone else's. Not NPCs. Not ones you can look up in your archives. Your. Player characters. That you remember. By name.

I'm sorry that wasn't clear.

Taneel BrightBlade
Brighty
Taneel Braizren BrightBlade
Flamur the insane heratic paladin
Do my CRPG characters count? if so there's also: Marar, Iron Blade, Dizzt, Lisarya, Taneel, Cyra, Lanetta, Dragran, Karn, Demonuos, Demon, Spirit, Marar Manta, Marar Nodra Asil, Torge, Karantion, Karvalis the Devil Sword, RoseBlade and, last and least, Phinoex.

D+1

First Post
Well I took a stab at how many I thought I WOULD be able to remember. Let's see if my memory is as good as I think it is.

Dycron, Baron Fyzo Jet Danoran Treenofferbodiddity a.k.a. "The Duck", Savayo, Fey Belladonna, Mim, Nikoteen, Ostion Aldamir, Aste Thorovion, Bannor Addidas, Cutter John, "Boo Boo", Blackjack, Ten Bears, Kang...

Argh! I can remember other characters - but not their names. Some of the above are pretty obscure, even one-shot characters that I only remember BECAUSE of the names I chose. That puts me just under the 16+ I thought I could list. I might be able to remember more later when I'm not trying so hard. The other problem is that just a handful of the ones I've named are characters that lasted for YEARS in some games thus eliminating other unrealized characters from being listed.

MonsterMash

First Post
I remember the names of my first three OD&D characters from 1977: Theo, Eskel, and Agrippa. IIRC Fighter, Cleric and Elf MU (of course back then you only had three classes in the boxed set).

After that not many stick in my mind either for D&D, RQ2, or CoC, but the CoC ones tended to be shortlived.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, except for my first 4 PCs, I have all of the PC sheets for all of the characters I've generated over the past 27 years. (I'm one of the ones in the 256+ category.)

Of those 4, one (my first!) was a Human fighter who died in his first adventure (only a few rooms from the end of the dungeon- eaten by a Purple Worm he had hacked down to 4HP with the help of the last member of the party (a mage who predeceased him by 2 rounds). One was the Elf fighter who was dropped from play in favor of the Human 5 minutes before adventuring on the advice of the DM.

Third was a Traveller character who died during character creation. The 4th was the Traveller PC that followed him- but the campaign only lasted 2 weeks (of daily play) before the DM moved away unexpectedly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads