• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many of your own PCs can you remember?

How many of your [i]own[/i] PCs can you remember the names of?

• None

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 2-3

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • 8-15

Votes: 82 32.8%
  • 16-31

Votes: 39 15.6%
  • 32-63

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • 64-127

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 128-255

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 256 or more

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Poll closed .

Agemegos

Explorer
It has always seemed strange to me that so many people seem to identify closely with one particular character. For instance some people take on their characters' names as InterNet handles, and celebrity gamers interviewed about their experiences as a keen gamer say "my character was…", as though they had only one.

Me: I can't even remember the name of any character I played before 1986. And since then I have played (that I can remember): Seraphim Booth, James Hunter Welrod, Gimlet son of Groin, Pausanias of Lacedaemon, Andrew Jackson Armstrong, "Biff" Davis, Shouts at the Sky, Karghenin, Anneke Yong, Nicolas Serafino Garcia de Segrave, Andvari Hammerhand, Simon de Montfort, Bluefin, Lord Tacitus Arbeiter, Ariel Jones, Lt.-Major Miles Scrivener, Maximilian von Gavel, Gideon Yang, Carman Tilgath, Ivan Petrovich Romanov, Toshiro Aoki, Great Bronze Gong, Stephen Booker, Rafe Vitell, Johannes (Giovanni) di Palma, Oberon, Malcolm Lockridge, Methlin, Albion, Ivrian of House Evander, Special Agent Nicholas Ashburn, Ikorn M Friedman, Ka-kui Chan, Asoka Asaiak, Leviathan, Lt-Col. Sebastian Colby (Colonel Carnage), Black Lotus, Dr. Miles Grandrith, Telman Orse, Patrick Michael O'Connell, Catherine Han, Ivrian Evander, Rider Around the Great Heaven-domed Lodge, Shinjo Mumon, Dr. David Tran, Ivrian of House Green and Scarlet, Yoshida Kenji, Chen Fu, Nikki Graf, Tess Cant, Quinlivan Ruix, Dr. Gordon Rossiter, Hermod the Silent, Otanes, Edmund Edwinson, Henry Walpurgis Ashburn--and others whose names I can't remember.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I've only been playing for about 5 years, but I remember almost all of my characters. That would put me at the 32+ range, but below 64. Quite a few have been while visiting other gaming groups (I've done a lot of that), and a half dozen one-shots (such as the one with Piratecat at Gencon). I remember almost all of them, down to their ability scores. If I don't, I've still probably saved their data onto my computer.

SpringPlum

First Post
My role-playing history pales in comparison to Agemegos's but I can remember:

Kestrel, Saoirse, Llira, Kika, Lorelei, Jane Bennet, Karen Darcy, Anastasia Ffolkes, Naesa, Hero Leandre, Kenna Halt, Siovale Merisande, and Leena Pace. The character from a Star Trek one-shot eludes me at the moment, but I think that's it.

the Jester

Legend
Been playin' since '81. But usually dming.

Lessee... we got Olitun Strongbow, Gem Fell, Shelos Shefalid, Ahrim Delancy, Madame Curi, Kale Curi, Stallan Curi, Morgan Rockridge (used the name twice), Red Mushroom With Spots, Felwin, Father Peter, Nena, Drendlin, Octavius, Bjorn the Muddy, Neverbeard (later known as Dworkin Darkhammer), Yolanda Jackson, umm... that's all I can recall off the top of my head. Like I said, I almost always dm. I'll give it some thought and vote later.

edit: Add in Sarcastro and Pepto...

I prolly only remember a quarter of all my old characters' names. :confused: :\

Last edited:

elmuthalleth

First Post
Utarg of Utarg , Elmuthalleth I II III , Arwyn , Samarawicrama Wipoolawera , Laynia Mihajlovic , Eleni , Goldmoon , Bomopomo , Frank Farina , Martin mystere , Extraordinario Paco Camino , Francoise Lamont , Altair , Zuben Elgenubi , Jagellone I , Boris , Zuben Elshenabi , Tanis , Luxor the Moonprince , Zachariah Mc Purplehughes , Tracy Adams , Aric Olsen the mad .

These are various Pcs from D&D , Call of Cthulhu , Ars Magica , and some other rpgs .

CombatWombat51

First Post
Norman Deakon, Sir Varas of White Oak, Vryce, Laura Hunter... yeah, that's all I can remember. I have been playing for 10 years, but most of it has been DMing :\

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Not too many, but that's more a reflection that not all that many of them have died, thankfully...

Markus, Pietri (and his totally normal axe Katya), the superhero Spark, the Star Wars terrorist Kal Jonix and the halfling cleric of the Goddess of Food, Nolan 'Ole' Biscuitbarrel.

They take me comfortably into the 4-7 bracket. There are others, but the names have gone.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
How many PC's do I remember the names of? Well my first PC was a generic 1993 machine that was a 386 with a math coprocessor chip that only ran DOS. I think I named it Fred. The kids still use it for old DOS games and I occassionally need it to get old files off of 5 1/4 floppies. My second PC was a generic 1998 model with the first generation of Pentium chips. It uses Windows 98 as its operating system. It is now named Kris's Computer. My third PC is an HP Pavilion x1963 purchased in 2001. It uses Windows XP as the operating system and I call it My Computer.

I know of another PC who is a moderator here on this board, but he is actually owned by KidCthulhu.

Or did you mean playing characters? For that I'm in the 16-31 bracket and remember all their names, but I've been in five different gaming groups since 1981 and have a good memory.

Last edited:

randomling

First Post
There are a few I can't remember, mostly through sheer short-livedness. But the significant ones:

Xhila Galadon, Shay, Assia Salhi, Maryse Lithine, Serena Allman, Thana Aulen,
Saphanie Zerlor, Jezzan Hest, Cailin White, and Katrin Baden. Those are pen & paper characters. There are a few PbP characters too - Bryony, Nadine, Tangent, Juliana de la Vega, and Isoya Kikyo (she isn't being played yet) are the significant ones. Then there was Lee/Lightning Hand, who I still haven't got to play two years after creating him...

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I voted 16-31. Let's see if that was true (it felt like it was when I pressed the button).

From most recent back to the age of antiquity: Xersan, Fimbul Ferryford, Sarthas Kaga, Gnoblin the Gnome, Rhojex of Khedric, Jack, CC, Nakor, Jean-Marc, Haladan Tarric, Folloman McCaitharn, Sral, Sorrel, Kaval, Soriel, Hoggle the Rat, Rel(insingersonlyer), Mognal Stickyfingers (my first ever D&D character and an absolutely terrible name for a Thief)

Those are the ones whose names spring to mind readily not having finished my first cup of coffee. I didn't include some that I really enjoyed playing but whose names are lost in the mists of time. Those would included "The really good horseman that wielded a pair of falchions", "The half-troll investigator who used a mithral pick", "The female Knight who had a manservant" and "The Powers and Perils Dwarf who suffered from Giantism".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads