• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many of your own PCs can you remember?

How many of your [i]own[/i] PCs can you remember the names of?

• None

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 2-3

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • 8-15

Votes: 82 32.8%
  • 16-31

Votes: 39 15.6%
  • 32-63

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • 64-127

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 128-255

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 256 or more

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Poll closed .

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
OK, I too thought it was 16-31, closer to 16, lets see if I'm right (I'm beginning to doubt myself now). I've been playing since 1979 so I have a lot of history to remember.

My very first character was an Elf named Thor (got a TON of crap for that name). I also had a dwarf named...arrgh, first name eluding me, family name Barrelkin...Brandt, that's it! My longest played character, a female elven wizard named Sanlora. Her cohort a gnome fighter named Pangral. Don't know if it really counts, but played Flint in the Dragonlance adventures. That's five so far...I had a Cavalier named Ardent and a 1e AD&D Bard named...once again the name is eluding me...he had wings...can still picture his character sheet...can't read the name...Tristan I think.

OK, on to college and the ever favorite Thornir Alekeg, Dwarven cleric of Moradin. Then there was a bard named Arwent, a priest of Helm named Dranis, another priest, this one of Ogmah, named Mort - played only one session with him before the DM got a job out of state. Most recently there is my Wizard, Zath and a human fighter Harek Icegate. How many is that? Darn, its only 13.

These are only the D&D names, there are others from some other systems I played infrequently and most of those names elude me, and there are other D&D charcters I had who never really went anywhere and slipped my mind.

steev42

First Post
In my ten years of playing, I've been a primary DM for about 8 and 1/2 of them. So I haven't had as many PC's as others, but...

Karn, Timirin, Maritza, Threfdil, Talleran, Lera, Martin, Sarah, Weston Graves, Pierre are the ones I remember the names of...
And there are at least 5 other characters that I remember other distinct characteristics of. The sad part is that many of them were short-term characters. Talleran died at 2nd level, Timrin's campaign ended, Weston was converted from an NPC to a PC to an NPC, Martin's campaign lasted 2 sessions...

Sometimes I tire of being a DM. Especially when I realize that I can remember running about as many campaigns as I can remember PC's of my own.

derelictjay

Explorer
I just can't remember thier name, but I've been playing for 10 years now (though I'm in a lull at this moment), most of that time DMing.

Anark Eruel, Dorn Kegsmasher, and Isassy Silvervein. I remember the other characters, 3 gnomes (fighter, rogue, illusionist/psionicist), a half-elf wizard, my first character was a human ranger (1st ed.), halfling thief. You notice that the with the exeption of my first character I don't play a human, very interesting.

Sir Whiskers

First Post
Interestingly enough, I can remember almost all the characters I played in college (25 years ago), but only one since 3E came out. Haven't a clue what that means...

JDJarvis

First Post
I couldn't possibly recall all the PCs i've played over the years andI usually DM. Straight from memory i can only think of a handfull by name:

Braddoc Baidin (Human fighter who went on to become an emperor before his death by an asassin). Arfrand ( a rather unremarkable elf with all mediocre scores that was the only PC to survive an entire Basic/Expert D&D campaign from start to end), Underoot (Halfling PC who retired with in an inn/tavern he built near the keep on the borderlands), Shadowblade (elven MU/thief), Furde the Fearsome (Human fighter), Min (female Halfling fighter), Tinmiffalen Addergapst (Half-elf Bard), Kelsid Brandons son (fighter/sorceror)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I have been Dming D&D over 16 yrs and have only had 7 pcs, I have also playied a fair amount of cuthlu but for the life of me I cant remeber any of the names -
The Woman with the pursed lips and handbag

the british dilentant who stole the groups collection of books and took the slow boat to china, leaving the others to be murdered.

and my fav the old guy in the wheelchair who cackled - the only survivor of 2 different one-shots.
5 convention characters - at least one of whom surrived.

Kastil

Explorer
Hmmm... I thought I could remember them all but there where some campaigns I guess that didn't stick in my mind but here goes:

Perin Lighthand, Jeminil Lighthand (son of Perin), Cheyenne, Ariel Lightblade used twice), Raven Bashere(used twice), Larissa "Mouse" Thorle, Donovan, Katrina Marie, Willow, Bashear Santiago, Kastil Eavenshade, Sebolt Maegwyn, Kohat Chiodo, Liv Knomoore, Jiri Artilles.

I know there's more but most the campaigns I was in ran long and the grace of the gods kept my characters alive. Heck, Perin ended up running his own theives guild and Ariel got married and did the kids thing(the first one anyways). It might be this is the list of characters I was fond of in some way too. Ahhh, the sweet memories.

Alynnalizza

First Post
Let's see, 20+ years of playing... 4 characters. (I really need to PLAY more :) ).

First was Raist, Half-elf Mage. Didn't like him much. Can't remember his first name.
Then there was Alynnalizza.... (God I love her). Elven Bladesinger... would be goddess, now is. (Thanks to my own DM intervention.... I know its cheating!).
Revlis, Elven Knight, mean S.O.B. Really enjoyed playing his snobbery!
Then there was Kelvin Windsong, Elven Ranger, Didn't turn out to be a great adventure, but had some fun moments.

All of the above where 1st or 2nd Edition.

Have 2 more characters on standby... Haven't played a character in 5-7 years. And yes, one is ... gasp ... not an elf this time. So some year, I might get to increase my totals.

Thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads