• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many of your own PCs can you remember?

How many of your [i]own[/i] PCs can you remember the names of?

• None

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 2-3

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • 8-15

Votes: 82 32.8%
  • 16-31

Votes: 39 15.6%
  • 32-63

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • 64-127

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 128-255

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 256 or more

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Poll closed .

Agemegos

Explorer
omokage said:
I was totally with Silver Moon on this one. I really believed the topic refered to my computers.

Yeah, well, the context would naturally lead you to that conclusion. And it's not like 'PC' was used to refer to player characters before there were any personal computers, or anything. And who ever reads the first post in a poll thread before answering the poll?

Last edited:

SmokeDoctorlove

First Post
After playing for about 23 years, I can't even remember most of the players I played with. I have DMed for most of that so I can't even remember most of the characters I played that were not NPCs. I do rember this Chaotic Evil Thief (thats what rogues were called at one time) that bravely took watch during the Tomb of Horrors. (Killed all the PCs, took all the loot, and fell into a pit trap that wasn't there untill I ruined the DMs campaign!) Can't recall his name though.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Like Thornir I have been playing since 1979. Some of my PCs have died a tragic death (is there any other kind?), but I can name them all which surprised me. My first character was Albromor an elf, closely followed by a human cleric that went by simply "The Wanderer." Some of my PCs from the early, early 80s are still going strong.

BriarCub

First Post
Hrmm...I picked 8-15, but I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate...I've been playing since 1978, but almost always on the other side of the screen...

Norrin the Barbarian (the pregenerated character from the back of B1: In Search of the Unknown), Nillssson Larrssson, Shaelana, Sunberry Gurglemuch, Brother Ezekiel, Brother Ezekiel's Brother Luke, Westus, Japheth (my Alienist...couldn't resist that one ;-) ), Lannil, Golaam, Maalog, Sir Jacopo (and his squire Benjamin Wade Prebenholm), Urano Rovera, Tassell Briarroot, and Thistle Briarroot...so that's either fifteen or sixteen if the good squire is counted :-D

Cymex666

First Post
I've been playing since the early 80s and I can only remember a few of the PC names I've used. The first character I ever played was an elf named brewski (a name better suited to a dwarf don't you think?), a barbarian named Toric Thunderthrasher (sounds like a cheesy cartoon character), a ninja named Ronin (I didn't realize at the time that a ronin is lordless samurai), a middle-eastern style warrior named Kaz Kazil, a female barbarian (who later became a paladin of Sif) named Solwila, and a black hearted assassin named Jhessalia Theros who met a terrible fate at the rending claws of group of umber hulks. Other than these few characters, I can't recall any of the other names I've used for other characters I've played.

Wombat

First Post
It all started with Elhul of Darzhu (real OD&D). Don't ask me why that name... ;)

Let's see: Johnny Laredo (Boot Hill), Julia Peregrina filia Raveneye of House Merenita (Ars Magica), Ky-O.T. Rampant (Cyberpunk), The Twilight (Champions NM), Tremor (Champions/Hero), Ruby Tuesday (mage), Vistlotl hi-Greeb (GURPS EPT), Joshua Harcourt (CoC), Sir Escaholt the Bold (Pendragon), Piet tan-Urtan (Traveller), Krisk-R-NGL (Paranoia), Polglase Aum Nashamura (Traveller), Spazzz Neebasha (3e variant), Igor (3e variant), Bruce Kamaneewara (3e variant), Lady Halista of House Barangrandies (Talislanta)...

These are just my PCs. Since I am usually GM, I could give you a lot of NPCs, but they don't count ;)

Last edited:

I've DMed for most of my 20+ years as well. However, off the top of my head, I can remember:
Lucian (elf fighter wizard)
Goliath (human fighter, 18/00 Str)
Caric (ranger with 2-handed sword)
Nevar (eveutally became a god)
Mr. Frodo (hey I was 12 ok? And he was a bad ass human monk, not a halfling)
Gethorn (my all time fav. I still play him if I can)
Sir Loric Demonsbane, the Crimson Knight of Loftwick (one of the truely great characters of all time)
Thrakin (who is one of the greatest dwarven warriors of all time)
Tharvin Stormsword
Gwarmnyr Jorgimyn (a weird bear-type creature)
Slipton (an insane gnome illusionist with imaginary friends)
Lorissa Ravenblade (one of the few female characters I've played)
Echion (my current character, he's a pirate wannabe)
Captain Saving Throw (not his real name, but a 20th level monk type charcter made for the bastion of Broken Souls adventure. I was trying to make a character with the mosat rediculous saves ever, just to see what could bwe done)

Ones that I remember but have forgotten their names:
That CE drow fighter/thief who kicked the orc chief in the nads and started a war.
That suicidal human illusionist who couldn't get killed
That Drow wizard who looked evil as hell, but no one took him seriously.
That drow archer who shot the dragon in the eye... god I wish I stil had his sheet.
That bad-ass FR elf with the artifact (a magical armor sleeve)..... was his name Lucien too?
That Deva from the Savage Species rules... god, it wasn't even that long ago... what WAS his name?

Hmmm. seems I've played a lot of drow....

God, ther's a lot of others but I'm getting tired. i'll post some more later. :)
I've got 20 so far, vopunting the ones whose names I've forgotten.... not bad.

jerichothebard

First Post
In no particular order:

Robin Wood, human fighter/wannabe ranger (D&D)
Chuck Omaha, human Ninja/rune weapon scion (Heroes Unlimited)
Mark Simms, human super-thief (Heroes Unlimited)
Lt. Colonel Frostbyte, mutant wolf/berserker/martial artist/demolitions expert/NHL hockey player/Air Force commando (TMNT/Heroes Unlimited/Ninjas and Superspies)(first fatality!)
Silver Arrow, human ranger/acrobat (D&D)
Orcinius, Aquatic elf mage (pronounced with a VERY soft "c")(D&D)
Darius Rockpoint, human martial artist/merchant (Palladium Fantasy)
Jonathan O'Connell, smuggler and duelist (D&D)
Calai Redleaf, changling fire warlock (Palladium Fantasy/D&D)
Ed Grooberman, human veritech pilot (Robotech)
Geoff "Raven" Taylor, human Netrunner (Cyberpunk)
Elijah Copperpot, gnome Rogue/Wizard/Tinker (D&D)
Argus Bors, dwarf Rogue/Cleric (D&D) (second fatality!)
Chonopshish the Hillman, human ranger (D&D)
Damon Phoenix, human Gadgeteer (Heroes Unlimited)
Deacon Bailey, Mutant Street performer (Heroes Unlimited)
Aron Starlight, Jedi (Robotech crossover campaign - it got weird fast)
Armand, House Radiant, half-elf assassin (Palladium Fantasy, never actually played, but created in great detail)
Jericho Arnon, half-elf cleric (D&D. Yes, Jericho the bard is actually a cleric. Of music.)

There were a few short-lived others along the way, I'm sure. Not so much that they died but that they sucked.

jtb

Cor Azer

First Post
I'm going to gamble...

I'm going to gamble and say 16-31 in my 16+ years of gaming. Now, I'm usually the DM, so I haven't played many PCs over the years, but to try...

Borgroth the Trollhacker (OD&D) - my first character
Sir Lucannon Barcon (OD&D and 2eD)
Dawning Eve (OD&D)
Topplegomer (2eD)
Eldon Bladecrown (2eD)
Makarian Hedora (2eD)
Seven Leafknot (various incarnations over 2eD and 3eD)
Cor Azer (2eD)
Solufein Cormrael (2eD)
Fadad of Ket (3eD)
Aramil (3eD)
Dilly Rumblehill (3eD)
Wahankh (3eD)

Kale Hastings (Robotech - various incarnations)
Jeremiah (V:tM)
Ebon Blossom (V:tM)

Hmm... I remember several of my NPCs over the years... but I'm blanking on any more PCs. But, if you count non-D&D PCs, I hit the 16 mark.

Arnwyn

First Post
I've played only about 6 or 7 characters in my 12+ years of gaming life (ah, the trials of a full-time DM), and I remember the names of 3 of them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads