D&D 5E How much 5e do you plan to get?

What quantity of 5e material will you get?

• Everything, and I mean…

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Most of the products

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Everything but splats

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Everything but adventures/settings

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Pick and choose as I go

Votes: 46 25.7%
  • Player’s Handbook, DMG, Monster Manual

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Player’s Handbook only

• Starter Set only

• Adventures/settings only

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • A few of the products

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Something else

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Nothing, and I mean…

Votes: 22 12.3%

Ichneumon

First Post
Even with reports of minimised splat books, 5e still promises to send reams of printed material our way during its lifetime. How much of it will you bring home?

For this poll's purpose, the material I'm referring to is rulebooks of all types, campaign settings, and adventures produced by Wizards of the Coast, or with their help. It doesn't refer to minis, apps, novels, or accessories like cards, dice or mapping tiles. I'm assuming there'll be PDF versions of printed products, so the poll is format-agnostic - if you only intend to get the PDFs, this counts as getting the printed versions. "Splats" are post-core rulebooks that provide extra options for players and DMs.

Please pick the poll option that's closest to your intention. Or pick 'Something Else' and share all. :)

delericho

Legend
I'll almost certainly get the Starter Set.

My intention with the rest is to wait and see what the reviews (at least from people I trust) say. If I decide to buy in, I'll pick up all three core rulebooks and both the adventures thus far announced. My intention beyond that would be to get nothing else - but I said that about 3e, too. :)

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Something else...

I'll buy the Starter Set if the package (including the dubious outside the box stuff for character creation) looks like an interesting take on the 'get new players' problem.

If this is the case and it contains a simple, but usable system, D&D moves to my 'perhaps' pile, to be considered as an option whenever I want to run a new campaign, which will be in maybe one or two years. In that case and at that point in time I'd buy the core books.

I'll probably buy the first adventure out of curiosity.

Other than that I plan to restrain myself, but I have to admit a weakness for new, shiny things. :eek:

vagabundo

Adventurer
Starter set first. Start a campaign. Once we hit level five buy the rest.

I've just started a new 4e campaign so it might take me a while unless something really catches my fancy.

Blackbrrd

First Post
A multiple choice poll would probably make more sense here...

I think I will buy the PHB/DMG/MM, depending on how good reviews they get and what the online support is like. I want to buy adventures, but this really depends on the quality of them. Quality on par with Keep on the Shadowfell is a no-sell, while Reavers of Harkenworld and Madness at Gardmoore abbey would make me buy them. If the adventure in the starter set is ok, I will probably buy it.

... I might wait a while before doing any purchases though, I want to see how the adventure/digital support is first. I am also in the middle of a 4e campaign.

teitan

Legend
I pre-ordered everything listed tonight besides the minis. I don't plan on using them and if I ever run a tactical game again, I have my essentials counters still. Doubt I will but there is that option in the future. I might buy some GF9 minis to paint for fun though.

Way too early to say. The PHB, pretty certainly (thanks to a certain person here!). Anything else? Depends on how I like what WotC are doing and whether they support my group's gaming interests.

Patrick McGill

First Post
Definitely everything (at this point, unless something major happens to the game or to my pocketbook).

Wouldn't the poll work better as multiple choice?

Kinak

First Post
If they have a complete basic game that looks fun, I'll pick it up and make further decisions from there.

Until last week, when I mentioned that the answer I got was "that sounds like the Starter Set." Now, I'm not sure what the answer is.

It's looking increasingly likely that they won't be making the product I actually want, but we can cross that bridge when we actually have information.

Cheers!
Kinak

Remove ads