• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How much 5e do you plan to get?

What quantity of 5e material will you get?

• Everything, and I mean…

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Most of the products

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Everything but splats

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Everything but adventures/settings

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Pick and choose as I go

Votes: 46 25.7%
  • Player’s Handbook, DMG, Monster Manual

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Player’s Handbook only

• Starter Set only

• Adventures/settings only

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • A few of the products

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Something else

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Nothing, and I mean…

Votes: 22 12.3%

Evenglare

Adventurer
Depends if 5th edition actually does things better than my current products do things. I'm getting tired of having to rebuy the same stuff just because WOTC team has some shiny new way of doing the stuff I have been doing for 15 years. Please for the love of god stick with this edition. Don't do essentials, or a new edition or 5.5 or anything else.... just... stay with it please. please. please. I just want to play a game that's going to be supported for more than 4 or 5 years without having to rebuy this fancy new update that slightly replaces everything just so much that it's needed.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Don't intend to buy any at this time.

If I were, I'd wait for a later printing that fixes errata. :)

But, I'm good for now.

If the edition ends up being a hit, I'll wait until 6th edition and then buy the 5E stuff cheap.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending how you look at it), I have plenty of disposable income (I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to lots of things in my life) and, as such, will pretty much buy everything for the first year or so of 5e.

Now whether or not I get to USE or PLAY any of the stuff, that still remains to be seen. But I truly enjoy buying and reading RPG stuff.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
My original plan of getting the box and the phb seems to stand. I don't know yet if that will be the case.

Chaltab

Explorer
It really all depends on my group. There's no use in buying $150 worth of books if my group doesn't want to change editions.

Phoenix8008

First Post
I'll get the starter set and PHB for sure. Almost certainly the MM and DMG in time as well. Beyond that is very uncertain. Might share costs with the gaming group for some stuff. Have to wait and see. Pretty sure that we'll end up playing it at some point. We all really enjoyed playing the playtest material.

I voted "Something Else". I plan on definitely getting the Starter Set, PHB, MM, DMG and the first adventure. If I like the first adventure I'll get the second one too.

Provided I like the 5E system I'll then buy more books on a case-by-case basis. How many of them will depend on whether I like the sound of the book and the frequency of releases. If too many books come out at once I won't be able to keep up.

jbear

First Post
I voted "Something Else". I plan on definitely getting the Starter Set, PHB, MM, DMG and the first adventure. If I like the first adventure I'll get the second one too.

Provided I like the 5E system I'll then buy more books on a case-by-case basis. How many of them will depend on whether I like the sound of the book and the frequency of releases. If too many books come out at once I won't be able to keep up.

I chose 'Something Else' because I never say never. I have no plans to buy anything at this stage. But I am curious enough to see what comes out in the DMG.

The playtest rules are too simple a system for my own tastes. I like slick and streamlined but with the ability to have full on tactical combat when I want to as well. The DMG seems to offer that possibility (?), but I will wait and see before I believe it. If the DMG allows me to play the style of play I like then I may take a closer look.

It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised but for now remain quietly sceptical and unconcerned.

Li Shenron

Legend
My plan is still the same, to buy the usual 3 core books.

With this new edition, I won't likely buy more than those for a while at least, because anyway I won't have to play as regularly as in the 3e era... but I'm keeping an eye on published adventures, since they'll make my DMing job easier.

Beyond core, I'll wait for the main Forgotten Realm campaign sourcebook, but I'm not sure I'll get it. It depends on how does Faerun look like after the new timeline adjustment. It's more likely I'll use my 3e FR books for fluff, and just not bother about new FR crunch.

Remove ads