How Much Does an Adamantine Arrow Cost?

javcs

First Post
Aluvial said:
How much does one adamantine arrow cost?

Aluvial
What Pyrex said.
Or, in other words, far too much. They're okay if you find them, but buying them ... nah, not worth it.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
frankthedm said:
You keep telling yourself that when your archer gets to sit there and suck when the golems show up.

Yeah, but you can't be prepared for everything. There are limits on being prepared, and this is one I doubt most people get. It's easy to sit there and say "you'll be sorry" ... and there is truth in that. But come on. You can't possibly have an arrow for everything. And if you did, you'ld never be able to realistically find what you wanted.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
frankthedm said:
You keep telling yourself that when your archer gets to sit there and suck when the golems show up.

For Golems, there's an alternate solution, but that won't help against the Wizard's stoneskin... still, with him, you could just run away instead.

-- N

Unkabear

First Post
Just get the Force ability for your bow or xbow from the MIC. A force weapon turns your projectile into a bolt of force and therefore bypass all DR. Though the cost is +2 and not many are willing to pay that cost, though I am. DR is the bane of archers.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Unkabear said:
Just get the Force ability for your bow or xbow from the MIC. A force weapon turns your projectile into a bolt of force and therefore bypass all DR. Though the cost is +2 and not many are willing to pay that cost, though I am. DR is the bane of archers.

Wow that is an amazing +2 ability. For the price of +2, you get Ghost Touch and the ability to penetrate all DR.

Seems a wee tad broken.

-- N

nameless

First Post
I found that 20 +1, construct bane adamantine arrows were both affordable for my mid-level archer (around 4500 gp) and incredibly effective. Playing in Eberron helped, because warforged are more common than golems, but the cost really is negligible compared to the utility. If I were shelling out for adamantine arrows, I'd definitely throw a few enchantments on them, because I'm only using them on a special occasion anyway.

Twowolves

Explorer
Nonlethal Force said:
Yeah, but you can't be prepared for everything. There are limits on being prepared, and this is one I doubt most people get. It's easy to sit there and say "you'll be sorry" ... and there is truth in that. But come on. You can't possibly have an arrow for everything. And if you did, you'ld never be able to realistically find what you wanted.

Unless, of course, you have a Quiver of Ehlonna.....

Remove ads