• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How much Warlord do you want?

How much?

• All of the Warlord!

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • None of the Warlord!

Votes: 54 65.9%

CapnZapp

Legend
Not at all. I thought it was funny that you think fervent warlord fans will stop asking for "the one they want" once WotC publishes "an official one".
You miss the point.

The point is that not until such time will the calls stop.

That somebody might continue even afterwards is of little concern to me.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Indeed, unless it's not fit for purpose (much like the Beastmaster archetype), an official Warlord would quell those who want it.

Hell, I would be somewhat satisfied with the Purple Dragon Knights if they hadn't :):):):)ed up and put the level 3 feature at level 10 and visa versa.

Corwin

Explorer
You miss the point.
Weird. I didn't think I did. That's how it goes I guess.

The point is that not until such time will the calls stop.
Until such time as what, exactly?

That somebody might continue even afterwards is of little concern to me.
I didn't realize this was all about what concerns you personally. Your original statement I quoted certainly didn't leave me with that impression, either. <shrug>

Salamandyr

Adventurer
I see. Well, perhaps your perspective is better served by feats (and maybe the "Warlord" is just that, a feat) that emulate those abilities.

I've often wondered what D&D would look like if more of the class features were feats and everyone got an ASI every two levels. You could increase the ASIs for the Fighter and Rogue accordingly.

If I were going to do a spin-off 5e Fantasy Heartbreaker that's probably what I would do; with at most 3 or 4 classes--basically True20 with 5e's math.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads