D&D (2024) How much would you spend on monthly subscriptions for dnd?

How much would you spend on monthly subscriptions for dnd?

• $0

Votes: 92 60.9%
  • $10 or less

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • $25 or less

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • $50 or less

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • More than $50

Votes: 0 0.0%

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
For 4e, I paid a $10 a month subscription. This included:
  • All content published, at the rate of one hardcover book per month with lots of player facing content. Call it worth 3-4 "Everything" books per year worth for the player, plus more for the DM.
  • 4e was heavily errata'd not just for clarity but for balance and for improvements in the game. For example the entire Flight subsystem got replaced at one point, or was it Mounted Combat. Anyway, lots of lots of changes that made printed books a pain.
So, say that $10 is $15 in today's money. Looks like if they included all content as part of the subscription, it would be about 1/4 of the 5e publishing schedule, so a quarter of $15 is $3.25 per month.

However, afterwards I found a horrible downside - at some point they stopped publishing, and then discontinued the service, taking away all of my characters and such. This retroactively made it worth less than I had been paying.

So any subscription would need to include perpetual access to all content and characters, including releasing them to me in stand-alone format if they want to discontinue the service say because they are pushing a new editions, and that if/when they stop publishing new content for this edition they drop the price accordingly so it's still a proper value and I'm not paying full price but missing out on that new content.

Eh, maybe I'd up that from $3.25 to $5 a month psychologically. Again, that needs to include all content.

For 4e, I paid a $10 a month subscription. This included:
  • All content published, at the rate of one hardcover book per month with lots of player facing content. Call it worth 3-4 "Everything" books per year worth for the player, plus more for the DM.
  • 4e was heavily errata'd not just for clarity but for balance and for improvements in the game. For example the entire Flight subsystem got replaced at one point, or was it Mounted Combat. Anyway, lots of lots of changes that made printed books a pain.
So, say that $10 is $15 in today's money. Looks like if they included all content as part of the subscription, it would be about 1/4 of the 5e publishing schedule, so a quarter of $15 is $3.25 per month.

However, afterwards I found a horrible downside - at some point they stopped publishing, and then discontinued the service, taking away all of my characters and such. This retroactively made it worth less than I had been paying.

So any subscription would need to include perpetual access to all content and characters, including releasing them to me in stand-alone format if they want to discontinue the service say because they are pushing a new editions, and that if/when they stop publishing new content for this edition they drop the price accordingly so it's still a proper value and I'm not paying full price but missing out on that new content.

Eh, maybe I'd up that from $3.25 to $5 a month psychologically. Again, that needs to include all content.
I think it was 15 for the 4e sub.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases