D&D General How often do your adventurers have lengthy - months+ - preparations?

So everything you explained would be up to the DM. I was never arguing for potions only adding my opinion to what the rules actually state. But to clarify what I was saying is, like you said the magic is in the liquid, but it's magic. It's not like having already made Kool-aid and then accidentally pouring salt in it would ruin it. Making a potion is basically the same as making a scroll. But let's get off the subject of potions. We both agree that it's mostly stupid.
Yes.

(Rust monsters rust magical armor perfectly fine though and whatnot)

But yeah. Off topic at this point.

neogod22

Explorer
Let's look at the example of a typical underwater adventure or campaign. The players usually have some sort of vessel to transport them, either a boat or some sort of sub if the DM is generous to get them basically to where they have to go. If they have to swim, it's usually not for a very long distance. Their destination is usually some sort of cave or building, and the majority of the time it's filled with air. They may have to fight creatures in the water, but that's usually a specific thing. The point I'm making is, adventurers usually don't be underwater 24/7. They can't. They can't take a long rest underwater. They would usually habe some place safe for that, i.e. a building with air, or their traveling vessel. If the adventure is designed for there to no place where the characters would have access to air, then either they would have to leave and come back, or just play an aquatic race.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
How the party gets split up can easily be not a choosing matter. One could say assuming that would just happen every time is itself stupid ;)

You really goina have to stop bringing into discussions points that while may CAN be technically correct, aren't typically correct often enough to matter. It's a pattern with you and one that makes true discussion nearly pointless.

You really goina have to stop bringing into discussions points that while may CAN be technically correct, aren't typically correct often enough to matter. It's a pattern with you and one that makes true discussion nearly pointless.
I bring up what i find likely. I find it likely. Especially when it happens to matter at sea considering the tempermental nature of the big blue beast. The only pattern is that i notice from experience playing, watching, dming, and reading campaign materials that it happens much more than often enough to matter in environments (like under water if the surface is far enough away) that are default lethal from deprivation of a necessary to life item (air) and a mechanically lethal item (many are automatically present by default in this scenario) assuming only the information of the environment. I disagree with your insinuation of the things i bring up not being frequent enough issues. Maybe your group just doesnt portray the environment as hostily as most groups ive seen do.
Let's look at the example of a typical underwater adventure or campaign. The players usually have some sort of vessel to transport them, either a boat or some sort of sub if the DM is generous to get them basically to where they have to go. If they have to swim, it's usually not for a very long distance. Their destination is usually some sort of cave or building, and the majority of the time it's filled with air. They may have to fight creatures in the water, but that's usually a specific thing. The point I'm making is, adventurers usually don't be underwater 24/7. They can't. They can't take a long rest underwater. They would usually habe some place safe for that, i.e. a building with air, or their traveling vessel. If the adventure is designed for there to no place where the characters would have access to air, then either they would have to leave and come back, or just play an aquatic race.
A sub? Thats kinda odd. In any case its not in the sub you have to worry. Its whether you CAN get back to your safe place. Really depends on how safe your campaign is. I really hope they dont make ravenloft super survivable. That would be weird. Im getting a feeling of things to come...

also huh...not frequently enough of an issue...

Well yeah. I suppose its not on all sides at all times and always 100 percent lethal when about 500 feet below the surface for the average person without protection of some form. I suppose the water isnt really there...yeah...i suppose...

Thats kinda dumb

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
also huh...not frequently enough of an issue...

Well yeah. I suppose its not on all sides at all times and always 100 percent lethal when about 500 feet below the surface for the average person without protection of some form. I suppose the water isnt really there...yeah...i suppose...

Thats kinda dumb

The specific quote was that the party could be split up in ways they didn’t pre determine. That’s so rare as to be pointless to mention. Bringing that up detracts from your position rather than supporting it

neogod22

Explorer
I bring up what i find likely. I find it likely. Especially when it happens to matter at sea considering the tempermental nature of the big blue beast. The only pattern is that i notice from experience playing, watching, dming, and reading campaign materials that it happens much more than often enough to matter in environments (like under water if the surface is far enough away) that are default lethal from deprivation of a necessary to life item (air) and a mechanically lethal item (many are automatically present by default in this scenario) assuming only the information of the environment. I disagree with your insinuation of the things i bring up not being frequent enough issues. Maybe your group just doesnt portray the environment as hostily as most groups ive seen do.

A sub? Thats kinda odd. In any case its not in the sub you have to worry. Its whether you CAN get back to your safe place. Really depends on how safe your campaign is. I really hope they dont make ravenloft super survivable. That would be weird. Im getting a feeling of things to come...
There's the barrel crab magic item that's a 2 man sub. It's not hard to make a bigger one or other magic items thst do the same thing. Hell Spelljammer had sailing ships in space.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases