• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How RPGs changed one's life for the better.

Templetroll

Explorer
I met my wife and a future coworker and the fellow who would be our future boss at the same game of D&D. That job bounced us from NY to Key West to NC. just excellent!

I've had some friends for the past quarter century due to D&D. It has been a great way to spend time with my family most recently, playing, painting figs etc. D&D been very very good to me! ;)

genshou

First Post
Jubilee said:
I was going to post in this thread but now you've ruined it.. :)

I have also met several very dear friends through roleplaying - both online RPGS (MUDS, anyone?) and in person. I have also had the opportunity to travel to new and interesting places through the people I met in online RPGing. :)

/ali
Yes, sniffles did ruin that one for you. ;)

In addition to what I wrote above about meeting my girlfriend as a direct result of playing D&D, I met my best friend–and he became such a good friend–because of my interest in gaming. I hadn't played D&D for years when I met him, and he slowly introduced me to 3rd Edition themes and concepts through free-form role-playing. A short time after meeting him, I started playing in a 2E group. After that game broke up due to the DM and one of the players moving, my best friend introduced me to this wonderful thing that he called 3rd Edition by inviting me into a game run by a friend of his. This friend was an old friend of mine, and one other player in the group was an old friend and neighbor whom those on EN World know as Lela.

The wheel has turned full circle because of my introduction to 3rd Edition, and even got me a girlfriend who is now learning how to play D&D herself. I owe a lot to RPGs. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads