How should I pronounce Tiefling?

On Puget Sound

First Post
Heck, they're hardly worth calling rules. More like "those helpful guidelines that aren't used"...

"I ought to plough the land over by the slough, although it's tough going and makes me cough."

(for non-English speakers, the pronunciations are ott, plow, sloo, althoh, tuff, and coff)

English doesn't borrow from other languages; English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over, and sifts through their pockets for loose grammar.

viking_mama

First Post
I find it pretty funny that crazy made up D&D words like "reagent" and "falchion" made the list. I mean, how would anyone figure out how to pronounce those?
"Reagent" wasn't made up from D&D. It's a real word used often in chemistry applications. It's definition is, "a substance or mixture for use in chemical analysis or other reactions."
It's pronounced "Ree-Ay-Jent"

He knows; that comment seems to have gotten past your tongue-in-cheek-o-meter :p.

"Reagent" wasn't made up from D&D. It's a real word used often in chemistry applications. It's definition is, "a substance or mixture for use in chemical analysis or other reactions."
It's pronounced "Ree-Ay-Jent"
See above. I actually remember making that post... 14 years ago!

aco175

Legend
After reading all this, I find myself picturing the scene from The Big Red One where Lee Marvin and crew are in the back of the tank with the girl having a baby and Lee asking "How do you say push in French."

Remove ads