How stellar was the old Fiend Folio!

Ehh, I dunno. The 1e FF was full of a lot of stuff that I think was too silly for words. It had some occasional flashes of brilliance, but what product doesn't have at least occasional flashes of brilliance?

AFAIC 1e FF was a weird book with very limited usefulness and a high "noise" level.

Sniktch

First Post
Cordo said:
Nobody ever talks about the Nilbog. I guess they were hard to adjudicate but I have a special place in my heart for them as I used a single Nilbog to tear down the neighborhood campaign when I was 13 years old - a single Nilbog against the gods... :)

Heh, I have a special place in my heart for the nilbog, too. The first time one of these appeared in one of my adventures the party had smacked him up to over 100 hp before they realized something was wrong, and by hat time they had nowhere close to enough healing power to kill the beast. As I recall, they grappled him, tied him up, threw him over a cliff into a deep canyon, and then ran as fast as they could away.

From then on in the campaign, rumors would continue to trickle back to them about the mad, unstoppable goblin of the canyon.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
attachment.php

Grazzt

Demon Lord
ColonelHardisson said:
By the way, am I missing it, or is there not a 3e conversion of the Qullan? It was one of my favorite critters from the FF.

Monsters of Faerun, IIRC.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases