How to break lots of stones?

Geo

First Post
Hey, I was looking at the Forgotten Realms DM's screen and it states in there for some odd reason that the strength DC to break three feet of hewn stone is 50. 50!!, that's a lot, say you roll a twenty, you still need to have a 60 strength to break through it. as far as I can figure with the rules and such, a human could only have a max of 34 strength at twentieth level. So far actually, the only thing that can do it is Thor from the new D&D book. So am I wrong or am I overlooking something?

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
You could get a full-size battering ram, and a couple dozen friends to help you wield it. Don't you get a +2 bonus for each person assisting?

Gromm

First Post
Geo said:
Hey, I was looking at the Forgotten Realms DM's screen and it states in there for some odd reason that the strength DC to break three feet of hewn stone is 50. 50!!, that's a lot, say you roll a twenty, you still need to have a 60 strength to break through it. as far as I can figure with the rules and such, a human could only have a max of 34 strength at twentieth level. So far actually, the only thing that can do it is Thor from the new D&D book. So am I wrong or am I overlooking something?

Well think about it.
3 feet of hewn stone (like the side of a mountain). How on earth are you going to break it with pure force? Ram it with a semi-truck? I doubt that would destroy 3-freakin feet of solid stone. It would take an insane amount of force to break that stone in real life short of tools/explosives.

Remove ads