• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How to GM a huge ruin?

alienux

Explorer
I misread the thread title as "How to GM a huge rain," and it made me think of the possibility of an adventure where it was constantly down-pouring like the move Hard Rain. Not on topic, but an idea that seems like it might be fun to throw into an adventure.

Last edited:

I misread the thread title as "How to GM a huge rain," and it made me think of the possibility of an adventure where it was constantly down-pouring like the move Hard Rain. Not on topic, but an idea that seems like it might be fun to throw into an adventure.

Ha. Actually, my first ever 4th Edition campaign started with me telling the players, "You're all members of Stone Age tribes, and you each worship your own god. Please, come up with a god your primitive tribe worships. You're the champions of your faith. You've all received a summons from a prophet in the only settlement in the world with a population greater than 2000. The prophet warns that a jealous god of desert storms intends to wipe out all the worshipers of his rivals, and he intends to make it rain for 40 days and 40 nights. You've been called together to march upon the domain of this god, and kill him."

Yes, it's the Book of Genesis and Noah's Flood, only the PCs are all trying to save their lives. They pulled it off, too. Stormed 'the ark' with the aid of a renegade angel, killed the prophet of El the Eternal, and then one PC rose bodily into heaven to threaten that if he was given holy power, he'd serve as El's priest and keep his faith alive. If not, they would slaughter all his worshipers and sap him of his divine being.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer

...Houston, YOU have a problem...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads