D&D General How Was Your Last Session?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Even back in the days of the 3e adventure, that Roper was a party killer. I think when I played, only one of the party of 4 survived.

Weiley31

Legend
Well: I DM'd for the very first time last night. Everybody told me that I did great with the narrative and enjoyed their time. I still need work on properly adjusting tougher fights and generating items. I will admit that I pretty much gave them their first fights' victory on a silver platter. The Druid Moon Beamed some sunlight sensitive Goblin and for coolness sakes, I had the brightness of the moon beam, generated after the beam slammed down on the ground, knock its fellow sunlight sensitive buddies prone.

Although, something tells me that I'm gonna regret allowing my Bud's said Druid the ability to apply his Wild shape to his 1D6 Squirrel weapon.

We're playing the Dragon of Icespire Peak, but I used the Eves of Mirkwood starter adventure from Adventures in Middle Earth as the prologue sequence for the journey to get to Phandalin.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
My last session was the grand finale of a more than two year long campaign. It was an epic final battle against Iymrith the blue dragon!

In retrospect, I’m wishing I could have timed it better so I could have made use of the mythic monster rules from the Theros book.

As the dragon of statues, she could have transformed into or had her spirit inhabit a statue when she hit 0hp or something.

Oh well! Something to remember should I ever run SKT again!

the Jester

Legend
We just finished up. A very good session was had.

The pcs in this group are trying to assemble the three pieces of a map. They already have one; they are slowly progressing through tests that require patience and perseverance given by the King of Birds to get the second piece (current task: raise a baby roc to adulthood); and they are working their way through an underwater dungeon to find the third. This dungeon is tricky, full of secret doors and traps, as well as monsters. This game, they avoided a very dangerous trap, ended up going the right direction, and had HOT dice. They absolutely destroyed encounter after encounter (two ghosts? one round), and they are probably one or two sessions from finding the third piece of the map (and maybe the undead king who has it?). Holy cow, they made some serious progress tonight; I think they got through about five or six encounters, not counting the trap that they circumvented.

We'll see- if they do find the king, if they take a "let's just kill them all" approach, they may well be biting off more than they can chew. I'm excited to see how they fare, and what approach they take- they got the first third of the map through stealth and thievery, rather than combat, so maybe they will take a wise approach. I dunno, we'll see.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases