How will 5e change Numenera/9th World?

CapnZapp

Legend
I really don't understand this attitude. Not everywhere needs to become the Forgotten Realms. I think one of its great weaknesses is the fact that it's a kitchen-sink, anything goes setting that drowns in the mess of it all.

WotC needs to remember that less is more. The PHB, MM and DMG are resources to be mined for assets to add to your game, not an a la carte menu that must be available to all games and all settings.

I was quite disappointed that they chickened out with Curse of Strahd and allowed pretty much anything to go in that setting also, despite the setting being primarily populated with humans (I know that it's a demiplane of some sort but the genre calls out for a humans only adventuring party.)
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The thinking goes like this: better to get the one customer that absolutely must have a tiefling pirate barbarian in the game. The people thinking that to be silly can always cut them out themselves.

And yes, that's sarcasm. I obviously agree with you it is the designer who should give us his or her vision. If that vision doesn't contain tiefling or pirates or barbarians, so be it and the end result is leaner, more focused and better for it.

gyor

Legend
Hopefully it will change Numenera so my Nano can have more than one skill and one thing he can do in combat. The system was ... boring? We abandoned it after two sessions.

Numenera is a cool idea for a world with cool art, but 5e is a much better game system.

gyor

Legend
Hopefully it will change Numenera so my Nano can have more than one skill and one thing he can do in combat. The system was ... boring? We abandoned it after two sessions.

What will nanos be now, Wizards, Clerics, Sorcerers, Warlocks, or a whole new class?

Remove ads