D&D 5E How would you balance this modification to spellcasters?

mpwylie

First Post
I have to be honest, after digging into the numbers, laying it out, and spending some time thinking about it, I am actually starting to like the idea, as a player and DM. More work would need to be done to a few of the other classes that are long rest dependent to get all classes on the same rest schedule to make it really nice, but there are some nice upsides. As a DM I like the fact that my players would have a bit more less powerful utility instead of just spamming cantrips and at the same time it mitigates the power of the higher level slots a little bit. It's also nice for smoothing out the resources over the day a bit better and may remove the players wanting to long rest a lot. As a player I like it as I like the idea of having some more utility spell slots to toss around. Also nice as a player to be able to blow resources a bit and not have to worry about how long you will have to go to recharge.

Quartz

Hero
Yes, I would rework the slot layout for both full and half casters. I would also tweak your reset mechanic a bit and make it reset slots of prof bonus -1 for full casters and prof bonus -2 for half casters.

Now that's really good. Thank you.

Remove ads