How would you flavor this race and class combo?

Arctic Wolf

First Post
Hello all, hope everyone is doing well. I have come here today to pose a question: How would you flavor someone who wants to play a warforge vampire? As soon as I heard that I laughed a bit but now I am perplexed on how to pull it off. So any ideas would be much obliged :).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There have been some bloodsucking machines in sci-fi...and Warforged are part biological to start off with, so they're just fine as undead.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
The creapiest suggestion I've heard (from here, can't remember whom) is that they need the blood of the living as their lubricant.

Or perhaps their power source (as in an internal combustion engine's power source is gas/petrol) is life essense, which it needs to keep running.

Or it could have been formed by some dark pact, and can only repair damage by transfering it onto some other being.

So, there are plenty of alternatives if one is willing to picture the mechanics in a manner that makes sense for a sentient, energy dependent automatom.

As a side note, in my own campaign I intend to use the vampire rules for someone (not a warforged) raised from the dead by an NPC lich - basically, they exist as normal, but are unable to heal themselves without stealing health from someone else.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
You could flavor its mist form as it turning into a swarm of nano-clockwork constructs. And you could give it a Transformer feel when it changes into a wolf or bat.

Keenberg

First Post
Good suggestions above! An alternative, perhaps, could be that the vampirism is a symptom of a strong mind control. The warforged doesn't physically need the blood, but pyschologically, it receives immense pleasure and satisfaction by sucking blood from others. It would be pretty creepy to have a warforged who sucks blood which is immediately expelled from the back of its neck...

There are a lot of good ways to flavor it. Just make sure it doesn't sparkle!!

Ryujin

Legend
Created by an ancient mad Warlock and tied to a Far Realms god, that is sustained by draining the blood from living creatures. The blood goes in, but it doesn't come out. The Warforged is granted his life by a boon, with that horrible Lovecraftian god. Perhaps he even houses a fragment of that god, through which it feeds?

Rampant

First Post
I forget the name but there's a tree in one of the 3e monster manuals that kills creatures and waters their roots with their blood. What if your vampforged's wooden components were taken from such a tree?

Klaus

First Post
Warforged are created entirely from magic (similar to the fabricate spell). They aren't assembled, they step out fully formed from a creation forge.

What if that creation forge was tainted by necromantic magic? Perhaps (in Eberron) Dolurrh was coterminous with Eberron. Perhaps the forge was tampered with by Blood of Vol culstists.

Whatever it is, the warforged that stepped out of the forge was unlike any other in Eberron. Its casing was platinum-like white, while the wooden fibers that composed its frame were petrified black, like a burnt tree, filled with thorns similar to those of a bloodrose.

And its name was...

[sblock]
Sparkle.
[/sblock]

Remove ads