D&D 5E How would you wish WOTC to do Dark Sun

rgoodbb

Adventurer
How would you wish WOTC do Dark Sun? (apart from soon!)

I would like to see the 2 books

Players Guide with:
Setting Info
Known History
Panthe….
New Races
Gnom…..
Classes
Palad….
New Subclasses
FULL Psionics Class
Psionic subclasses
Psionic Talents
New Backgrounds
New Weapons/Armour/Equipment and Money changes
Preserving/Defiling
Any new spells
Beyond level 20?

DM’s Guide with:
Hidden Lore
Monsters/Races/Classes not available
New Monsters with full lore and stat-blocks
Usable Monsters from MM, Volo etc.
Notable NPC’s/Sorcerer Kings
Maps
City States
Factions
2 starting timelines to choose from Pre/Post Kalak
Adventure from 1-10th level or some Adventure levels
Adventure ideas for more homebrew
Other jump-in/off points and adventure ideas
Magic Items

I personally would pay for the 2 books. 1 might not do it enough justice.

What are your thoughts/hopes

Coroc

Hero
I wish them to keep their hands of it, from their UAs on psionics especially the subclass thing except UAMystic3, I do not believe they could do it satisfactory atm. Also it seems not to fit into todays Zeitgeist anymore without altering it to be not recognizable anymore, so in other words it would not be Darksun for me.

From your suggestions ranging from gnomes, paladins and new races I see that you do not like Darksun anyway at least the Darksun I like.

The Darksun I like has no gnomes, no paladins no relevant connection to other worlds, no arcane casters except wizards and a true psion class, and Wotc will not do that, so I do want them to stay away.

Coroc

Hero
See OP, he hopes for paladins, gnomes and everything running around in FR to show up including Volo himself. Sorry that ain't rock'n'roll to me.
But it is hopeless, you cannot explain the feeling of the original Darksun to newer generations, they did not experience it back then when it came out.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
See OP, he hopes for paladins, gnomes and everything running around in FR to show up including Volo himself. Sorry that ain't rock'n'roll to me.
But it is hopeless, you cannot explain the feeling of the original Darksun to newer generations, they did not experience it back then when it came out.
Oh, I figured the gnome and Paladin thing were part of the running gag about Gomes and Paladins (and rapiers) on the forums. Regardless, I get what you’re saying now, and I agree, to an extent.

ccs

41st lv DM
I don't really care.
I wasn't much interested in Dark Sun back when it was new in 2e & my interest lv in it hasn't increased any in all the years since....
So whenever they get around to the next version? That's just hobby $ not going towards WotC stuff that month for me.

Remove ads