• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Huh... I've reviewed over 50 adventures for 5E!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I recently updated the list I keep on my page of the Reviews of 5E Adventures I've done and I was rather surprised to find that my count is now 61!

At some point, I'll get around to reviewing some of the Wizards adventures too. I promise! :)

Over a year in, there are a lot of 5E-compatible adventures out there. I haven't actually reviewed half of them. (There are some I won't review, and others I can't review because I worked on them...)

But for someone who likes adventures as much as I do, it's nice seeing there's more than a couple out there!

Cheers!

Mercurius

Legend
You're awesome, [MENTION=3586]MerricB[/MENTION]. My only complaint is that you haven't reviewed the official adventures other than Lost Mine. Get on that, Merric ;)

Also, would love to see level ranges listed with each adventure, if I may be so bold.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
You're awesome, [MENTION=3586]MerricB[/MENTION]. My only complaint is that you haven't reviewed the official adventures other than Lost Mine. Get on that, Merric ;)

Also, would love to see level ranges listed with each adventure, if I may be so bold.

Try this list: http://merricb.com/dungeons-dragons-5e/dungeons-dragons-5e-adventures-by-level/

One of the reasons I hadn't gotten around to reviewing the Wizards adventures is because I was running them! I hope to get to Hoard/Rise in the next couple of weeks, and Out of the Abyss likewise.

Cheers!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Now that you have so many reviews, Merric, I wonder if you'd keep the ratings you have on them or if some have perhaps changed based upon a greater sample size of comparison? Like, is one of your Two Star reviews still worth two stars now that you have so many more to look at... or are any really now only worth one star? Likewise... is a Five Star review that you gave a very early product still worth five stars now that many more have come out since (and thus a more recent review you gave four stars should really be worth five compared to the other five star review you gave?)

I'd be curious as to how you'd rate all the adventures now, now that we've had the 5E game for a year and have many more adventures to compare and contrast against.

zingbobco000

Explorer
At some point, I'll get around to reviewing some of the Wizards adventures too. I promise! :)

But for someone who likes adventures as much as I do, it's nice seeing there's more than a couple out there!

Cheers!

Come on man! You got this! Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Thymm

Villager
Absolutely great! I've found your site by accident a few months ago and bought/downloaded a few adventures based on your reviews! Really helped me a lot (as I have been away from D&D since right before 4e came out and I wasn't up to date with anything concerning 5e)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Now that you have so many reviews, Merric, I wonder if you'd keep the ratings you have on them or if some have perhaps changed based upon a greater sample size of comparison? Like, is one of your Two Star reviews still worth two stars now that you have so many more to look at... or are any really now only worth one star? Likewise... is a Five Star review that you gave a very early product still worth five stars now that many more have come out since (and thus a more recent review you gave four stars should really be worth five compared to the other five star review you gave?)

I'd be curious as to how you'd rate all the adventures now, now that we've had the 5E game for a year and have many more adventures to compare and contrast against.

I tend towards giving three stars for most products. If I rather like a product, it gets 4 stars. If I rather dislike a product, it gets 2 stars. I didn't actually give the starred ratings until I was building this page, so they're actually recent.

Generally, there has to be something very right or very wrong with a product for it to get 1 star or 5 stars.

Cheers!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads