D&D 5E Humblewood: A New Third-Party Setting on D&D Beyond

Explore a magical forest and play birdfolk!

GGOjxWUWIAAOWAk.jpeg

Following November's inclusion of Dungeons of Drakkenheim and Lairs of Etharis, another third-party setting has been added to D&D Beyond. From Hit Point Press, Humblewood, a setting which features new birdfolk player races, made a million dollars on Kickstarter back in April 2019. You can buy it from DDB for $39.99

In the world of Everden, nestled between the mighty Crest mountain range and the vast marshes of the Mokk Fields, lies a mystical forest known as Humblewood that hums with the Great Rhythm of nature. Now the fires have come, and the Woods have been thrown into chaos. Even in these dark times, brave heroes can be found within the Wood. Will you answer the call?

Welcome to Humblewood, a campaign setting where you get to adventure as birds and other woodland critters. Come and discover the mystery behind all the forest fires, is it the Bandit Coalition or something even more nefarious? Explore the verdant forest within:
  • Embody the Great Rhythm of nature by selecting between 10 new playable Races and 4 new subclasses from within the D&D Beyond character builder
  • Empower your characters with 3 new backgrounds, 7 new feats, 10 new spells, and over 20 new magic items
  • Expand your DM toolkit with more than 50 new monsters in the D&D Beyond Encounters tool and 11 new maps for use with D&D Beyond Maps

Kurotowa

Legend
Keep it up WotC, I really hope to see more! Now please add the amazing 5e contents from Kobold press (Deep Magic, Tome of Beasts 1-3 & Vault of Magic in particular).
Hate to say it, but I doubt that's coming any time soon. Remember, Kobold Press is the one that launched full steam into making their own Black Flag alterna-5e system after the OGL dust up. There would have to be a significant reversal of course and mending of bridges before Kobold Press books would show up on D&D Beyond. Right now, I doubt either side would be happy with it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hate to say it, but I doubt that's coming any time soon. Remember, Kobold Press is the one that launched full steam into making their own Black Flag alterna-5e system after the OGL dust up. There would have to be a significant reversal of course and mending of bridges before Kobold Press books would show up on D&D Beyond. Right now, I doubt either side would be happy with it.
Eh, never say never.

I doubt anyone at WotC is angry about TotV: after all, making a 5E variant only cements D&D's position as the dominant RPG.

And money talks, so I wouldn't wager on Kobold Press holding out if D&DB marketplace money is on offer. Maybe not today, maybe not tonorrow...but someday.

Dire Bare

Legend
Mending bridges? Nah. I really doubt WotC is salty over Tales of the Valiant. It's not going to have a serious impact on sales of D&D. And Kobold made a business decision to create their own version of D&D, I also doubt they are salty towards WotC, although perhaps wary with the OGL issues of last year.

Kobold has put up a few of their titles on Demiplane, which is very D&D Beyond-like (developed by the same guy) . . . so far it's just the Tome of Beasts 1 and 2, but I'm hoping they release more. Ghostfire Games has their Grimhollow campaign on both D&D Beyond and Demiplane, so there's no reason why Kobold can't do it if they want to. I hope they do!

Remove ads

Remove ads