• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hybrid Character Playtest

Stalker0

Legend
How broken can taking Hybrid Talent multiple times be?

Against non hybrid classes it is the most broken thing. The thing that "balances" hybrid characters is that they can do a little of what each class can do, what not too much.

If you start allowing them to gain more and more class abilities, you quickly have a concept that is as good in two classes as a normal class is in one.

Further, feats in 4e are not an expensive enough cost for this, I would always trade a feat for new classes abilities.

Now if it was 2 or 3 feats then suddenly we might be talking.

trkdrvr183

First Post
feylock/rouge/pp unseen mage

I have reinvented my character(Hadeari) into a eladrin feylock/rouge/unseen mage. I've only used him in one encounter so far and I really was impressed with the way it worked out. I don't have his stats with me now but I'll do my best to give you the basics.
Str 9
Con 14
Dex 18
Int 18
Wis 12
Cha 18
Feats
Hybrid talent:warlock pactboon
Weapon prof. Rapier
Melee training Cha
Versatile expertise: wand. lightblade
Arcane initiate
Opportunistic sidestep
Shared pact

Skills
Arcana
Streetwise
Insight
Thievery
Acrobatics
Perception
Stealth

At wills
Eye bite
Glooming cut(I think that's what its called mp2 book)

Lvl 1 encounter
Dazing strike
Scorching burst
Lvl 1 dailey
Blinding barrage
Lvl 2 utility
Fleeting ghost
Lvl 3 encounter
Otherwind stride
Lvl 5 daley
Venomous webs
Lvl 6 utility
Fey switch
Lvl 7 encounter
Mire the mind
Lvl 9 dailey
Vexing escape
Lvl 10 utltlty
Warlock leap
Lvl 11 encounter
Vanishing act

PP features
Enhanced invisibilty
Unseen action

Equipment
+2 death cut leather
+2 pact dagger
+3 jagged rapier
+2 wand of burning hands
Boots of striding
Cloak of resistance +2

All and all I'm pretty happy with hadeari aka the vanishing blade. I will more than likely retrain shared pact to something else, he's never close enough to an ally to use it. Thinking about two fold curse, overwelming critical, or maybe go the two weapon fighting route mostly for color.
I would love to hear some opinions on him and possibly differnt ideas on what direction I should take him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads