D&D 4E Hybrid Enabler Feats.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
One of the elements I liked which came from Dragon Mag was what I call Hybrid Enabler Feats. Hybrid characters have potential problems one is attributes which do not match up well (theoretically avoidable but its nice to not always have to see other post on Martial Controll Monk using Predictive Intelligence to enable Mentat/Bene Gesserit Monks) another is class features not cooperating with one another and for some cases it might be flavors not being in sync with one another. The Dragon Mag had some articles like the one about the Crimson Legion one which I really liked it provided a flavor and glue feats for the Paladin Warlock.

1575240032053.png
1575240188058.png

*though perhaps these two ought to be one feat.

Anyone have ideas for other hybrid combos that could use some glue...

I am currently in Monk mode so Monk plus X or Y is in my thoughts.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The article was also a Tiefling enhancer. This example from the same article it reminds me of a mixture of the Devas majesty only bursty and Various initiative adjusters ie initiative doesn't need to be reactive in this case spirited aggression will do.

1575254736313.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
One of my favorite hybrids I called a Bloodwright. The premise was her power was about manipulating blood flow she was a vampire and a Templar who used extraordinary strength of will to suppress her hunger and well it nevertheless leaked out sometimes into allies. I reflavored some powers from invoker and cleric and some rituals and it worked very nicely. I reflavored a Paragon path as a Blood Healer.

She didnt really need any glue between the classes though but I now have an idea that could act as nice flavor.

An ability to quench the flows... Perhaps a feat that allowed her to easily stop/prevent ongoing damage in her allies or self perhaps enabling an extra saving throw against ongoing damage whenever she or the subject made a successful attack. Hmmmm just thinking.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Anything involving ongoing damage inflicted by another is going to be a ribbon feature.
yup true that was part of why I was thinking it would work so easily and for everyone in her team... which might be a reason to make it part of a boon of some sort too. (or an enchantment on a blood stone). The character feels well enough expressed for the most part without it too.

It also had me wondering about how many creatures in the books actually induce ongoing damage?

NotAYakk

Legend
yup true that was part of why I was thinking it would work so easily and for everyone in her team... which might be a reason to make it part of a boon of some sort too. (or an enchantment on a blood stone). The character feels well enough expressed for the most part without it too.

It also had me wondering about how many creatures in the books actually induce ongoing damage?
There is like 1 of any significance.

The problem with ongoing damage is that unless it is huge, it cannot threaten; healing is usually too easy in 4e against anything except spike damage.

There is one level 35+ creature whose trick included significant (like 50-100 points) of ongoing damage in an AOE aura.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases