D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Point is, I've got some healing, but with a Healer Feat, I would be Healer-Man. Or I could get my CHA up to 20 and add +1 to everything that uses it. What do y'all think?

I think that the healer feat doesn't scale well, so you"d be better off with an Asi or a better feat (spell sniper f for eldritch blast or combat casting).
My 2 cents...

Sg

Lord Twig

Adventurer
If I go with the Wood Elf Magic feat for Mindra, are there any suggestions for the Druid cantrip she should get? I think Druidcraft is fun and flavorful, but maybe an attack cantrip? Produce Flame? Something else? It also gives her Longstrider and Pass Without a Trace once per day each, which are both useful.

Or I can just go with the +1 Dex and +1 Int. Her stats are already really good though.

tglassy

Adventurer
Frostbite is a great druid cantrip, it's like Vicious Mockery but with a d6 and targets Con instead of Wis. And does frost damage instead of psychic. Also, Shape Water or Move Earth are very useful in the right circumstances.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
If I go with the Wood Elf Magic feat for Mindra, are there any suggestions for the Druid cantrip she should get? I think Druidcraft is fun and flavorful, but maybe an attack cantrip? Produce Flame? Something else? It also gives her Longstrider and Pass Without a Trace once per day each, which are both useful.

Or I can just go with the +1 Dex and +1 Int. Her stats are already really good though.

I'd recommend either thorn whip or the all mighty guidance (1 to 4 bonus on all skill checks, awesome on a rogue). Frostbite is another cool one, but bid bad guys tend to have a pretty decent constitution save, and it can get frustrating. I've had tons of fun with move earth in the past (building moats and fortifications everytime the party would rest).

Although I find Wood Elf magic a fun and flavorful feat, I invite you to also consider elven accuracy. You'd get the +1 to dex you need to bump it up, and since you can use a bonus action to hide (as a rogue), the triple advantage would be terrific (15% chance of critting, and a significant boost to the odds of hitting). It also fits the elven scout theme pretty well.
My two cents...
Cheers,

SG

tglassy

Adventurer
ASI. I've looked into Spell Sniper, and getting Firebolt would go with my fire motif and work with my Radiant Soul ability at lvl 6, but Green Flame blade works too, and I'm already invested as a melee combatant.

I play a lot of Warlocks, and am using them to experiment with different styles of play. For Liam, I'm using cantrips and melee for combat, spells for support and utility, and I'm focusing my Invocations on the little used Sight Based invocations, such as Eyes of the Rune Keeper and Ghostly Gaze, and later Visions of the Distant Realm and Witch Sight. I like the idea that at higher levels he can see basically everything, through magical darkness, through walls, through illusions, read everything, and can send a magical eye to wherever he wants and see through that as well. And with a short ritual he can see magic as well (that is always up, by the way. Every chance he gets, he casts that, dropping it only to cast concentration spells). That still leaves some room open for other invocations, though honestly we may never get there.

Now that Cha is up to 20, giving him a steady +1 to nearly everything important that he does, I'm not sure if I really need more ASI's. More AC would be nice, being in Melee as much as I am, so I might grab at least a half Dex Feat next time.

Also, i need more Ritual Spells. I have 3. i needs them allllllllllllll......

Lord Twig

Adventurer
I hadn't considered Elven Accuracy. That's a good compromise. I will get that and then get Wood Elf Magic next time. Should only take another 2 or 3 years. :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
FYI, my character has been updated to level 4. Can we assume that Theremin has spent 10 minutes to inspire everybody (from inspiring leader) during this pseudo down time?
Are we taking a short rest, or do we want to clear out the Kobolds?
Cheers,

SG

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yeah, that would be cool. Also, it looks like Theremen is still lvl 2 in the RG. We’re going to lvl 4 now.

I’m gonna stick with an ASI for now. Get my Cha to 20 for the save DC and such. I might grab the Healer Feat if we ever get to lvl 8.

Also, I need to find me some Ritual Spells. Otherwise, this invocation is mostly worthless.

And first thing I’m going to do next is sit for an hour and cast Find Familiar. For this, I has questions.

I would very much like a Celestial Tressym, from Storm King’s Thunder. It’s basically a flying cat and is my favorite familiar. It can detect invisible creatures and can detect poisons. Would this be legal here?

If I can’t have that, how far can I fluff my familiar? Seeing as being blind is sort of a theme for Liam, even if he’s not really blind, having a Bat as his familiar to get a 60 ft blindsight with advantage on perception checks would be awesome. It sits on his shoulder and he can just perceive through its senses.

But the thought of having a hawk might just be too tempting to pass up, even if it isn’t the most useful choice...

Any of those are fine. If you want to fluff something, should also be fine. Just run it by me.

Remove ads