I almost cried...

TracerBullet42

First Post
So during last night's game session, it finally happened. One of the players cried out, "ACK! YOU BASTARD!"

It was a beautiful moment for me in my young GM-ing career. I feel that I've finally arrived.

That's all.

Bardsandsages

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
So during last night's game session, it finally happened. One of the players cried out, "ACK! YOU BASTARD!"

It was a beautiful moment for me in my young GM-ing career. I feel that I've finally arrived.

That's all.

Congratulations *sniffles*. I'm so proud. :) There is a certain satisfaction when you get that sort of response out of the players.

For me, it's when the player looks at me with that helpless face and whimpers "I hate you."

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:

That's all.

Congrats! I'm approaching a milestone of being called a bastard for the 10,000 time. Should occur at this Friday's session. ;)

WampusCat43

Explorer
And from here, the next step is the near-orgasmic thrill of saying:

"And THAT, my friends, is a little thing we in the business like to call a TPK."

Aeolius

Adventurer
WampusCat43 said:
And from here, the next step is the near-orgasmic thrill of saying:

"And THAT, my friends, is a little thing we in the business like to call a TPK."

Followed shortly thereafter by:

"You awaken, confused within a druid's grove, reincarnated as a cute lil' bunny rabbit."

FCWesel

First Post
Aeolius said:
Followed shortly thereafter by:

"You awaken, confused within a druid's grove, reincarnated as a cute lil' bunny rabbit."

No, Tracerbullet's group got the Bunny from the use of a Baleful Polymorph on an Assassin. Tracerbullet himself, however, had his halfling Chef reincarnated as a kobold, which made it a most difficult time to introduce him and his halfling brother as twins...

TracerBullet42

First Post
FCWesel said:
No, Tracerbullet's group got the Bunny from the use of a Baleful Polymorph on an Assassin. Tracerbullet himself, however, had his halfling Chef reincarnated as a kobold, which made it a most difficult time to introduce him and his halfling brother as twins...
Ah, memories. Sniffle, sniffle.

Bardsandsages said:
For me, it's when the player looks at me with that helpless face and whimpers "I hate you."
During my last session, one of my players gave me a stunned look for a second, and then just said, "You're mean."

He kept saying it; at least five times that night. Ah, what a rush!

My greatest DM moment came when the players were talking amongst themselves about which patron to ally themselves with. One of the choices was a crime lord named Rattler.

Now, Rattler had never done anything bad to the players, had never hurt them, never betrayed them, and hadn't even done any significant crime activity in front of the players. The only thing was that I played him with a very quiet demeanor, unfailingly polite, a whispering voice, and a personality of subtle confidence.

The great moment came when one player --without any prompting-- said, "I don't want to work for Rattler. He creeps me out."

When your NPCs freak out players, you know you're doing something right. :D

Remove ads