• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

baberg

First Post
zoroaster100 said:
If a character is proficient with a longsword, do they get +3 on their attacks with it?
Sir, yes sir. Different weapons have different proficiency bonuses. I'd say about 2/3rds get +2 when you're proficient and 1/3rd get +3. I can see no rhyme or reason as to the distinction.

For instance, Longsword is +3, 1d8 damage and costs 15 gp with Versatile (+1 damage if wielded 2-handed). A Scimitar only gets +2 with the same damage but only 10 gp, but also has the "High Crit" ability (deals another 1[W] when you crit with it at Heroic)

Rechan

Adventurer
Green Knight said:
2) What's the fourth Paladin At-Will Power (We'v seen Bolstering Strike, Holy Strike, and Valint Strike. So what's the fourth and what does it do)?
Enfeebling Strike. 1w+Cha and if the target is marked, it takes -2 to attacks until end of turn.

3) What stat bonuses do PC Orcs get?
+2 Str/Con
+2 to speed on a charge.
Can use warrior's surge (attack and use a healing usrge).

4) What stat bonuses do PC Hobgoblins gets (assuming they have a PC writeup in the MM)?
+2 Con/Cha
+2 Athletics/History
+2 Init
Hobgoblin resiliance (You get to make an immediate saving throw against an effect).

5) What stat bonuses do PC Kobolds get?
+2 Dex/Con
+2 Stealth/Thievery
+2 vs traps
Can use Shifty (Shift on a minor).

6) We've seen Utility Powers that're Daily, and others that're Encounter. Are there any that're At-Will? If so, mind posting a few examples?
Fleeting Ghost Rogue Utility LVL2; You can move and make a stealth check, not taking the normal penalty for moving and making a stealth check.
Great Leap Utility Rogue LVL 2; you can make a long or high jump as though you had a running start.
Chameleon Utility Rogue LVL 6; Make a stealth check. You're invisible to someone who has a clear line of sight to you, if you are hidden and then lose cover.

Drakhar

First Post
I have a question concerning the multiclass feats, If you already have say religion as a trained skill and you MC into a cleric, do you get no benefit from the skill training?

FadedC

First Post
baberg said:
Sir, yes sir. Different weapons have different proficiency bonuses. I'd say about 2/3rds get +2 when you're proficient and 1/3rd get +3. I can see no rhyme or reason as to the distinction.

For instance, Longsword is +3, 1d8 damage and costs 15 gp with Versatile (+1 damage if wielded 2-handed). A Scimitar only gets +2 with the same damage but only 10 gp, but also has the "High Crit" ability (deals another 1[W] when you crit with it at Heroic)

Actually having seen the weapon list, there does seem to be a fairly clear rhyme or reason to it. Weapons in a particular category and size (ie one handed martial) seem to have a base damage dice and one special ability. That special ability can be +1 more to prof, 1 hiigher damage die, or something like high crit. versatile doesn't "cost" anything.

So one handed weapons have a base of d8. An actual one handed weapon can be +3 prof, d8 damage (longsword), +2 prof, d10 damage (battleaxe) or +2 prof d8 damage and high crit (scimitar).

Kaodi

Hero
If it would not be too much trouble, I would be interested to know whether clerics have powers that utilize charisma, and what sort of powers warlords have that do not require strength and a melee attack.

Also, unless I missed it, I too would appreciate knowing what intelligence can give you other than a bonus to reflex defense.

Shroomy

Adventurer
So, we've seen how custom templates work, but how do the class templates work exactly. I'm assuming you just give the monster a handful of the class powers appropriate to its levels, but some details would be nice. Thanks!

hey guys... if you would be so kind as tolet me know about Shadar-kai, they have been a fav of mine since fiend folio, and the new fluff sounds great, are they playable, and if so what are the adjustments and special power???

thanks in advance for any and all info, you guys rock for shareing

Aaron L

Hero
baberg said:
Two-handed weapon, 2d4 base damage, considered to be a Heavy Blade and a Polearm, grants Reach. It's one of the weaker 2-handed Military weapons damage-wise, but it's got style.

Thank you, sir :)

I have like glaives. I think they're elegant, and I'm glad they've got some "style" now. :)

Rechan

Adventurer
Drakhar said:
I have a question concerning the multiclass feats, If you already have say religion as a trained skill and you MC into a cleric, do you get no benefit from the skill training?
Nope.

Cleric, Wizard, and Rogue force you to train in a specific skill.

Remove ads