I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

The Little Raven

First Post
Aage said:
1. Is perception a fighter class skill?

No.

2. What much benefit does a fighter have from Con/Wis?

Certain powers, when paired with certain weapons, grant bonuses that are ability score dependent. For example, there's a power called Giant's Wake, which gives you a damage bonus equal to your Con modifier when using an axe.

chaotix42

First Post
Derren said:
So it looks that single element enemies like Devils and Dragons are very gimped when fighting agains PCs with those cloaks.
There was already a calculation that a 15 fire resist cuts the damage potential of a Pit Fiend in half.

Well if the DM hands out the best items for resisting the attacks his monsters use, who is to blame?

Also, feel free to give the Pit Fiend's mace attack a secondary attack vs. Fort. that negates any fire resistance till the end of the encounter. Increase it to level 27, buff it accordingly and call it a Pit Fiend Baron.

baberg

First Post
jeremy_dnd said:
*Ahem*

Skill Challenges info? Please?
Pretty much what we already know. Complexity goes from 1-5, with the Success/Failure ratio being 4/2, 6/3, 8/4, etc. There are 9 pages talking about them with 5 "example" SCs.

pukunui

Legend
Am I missing something or did they drop the whole Egyptian-style body/soul/animus thing for undead? I quite liked that idea when I read about it in the preview books. I guess it was too complicated mechanically or something.

tophu

First Post
Linked Portal

Could somebody tell me how linked portal functions? I have a wizard in an impenetrable tower that needs a backdoor, and I think that might be what I need. Somebody with books please post the effect for the Linked Portal ritual.

baberg

First Post
tophu said:
Could somebody tell me how linked portal functions? I have a wizard in an impenetrable tower that needs a backdoor, and I think that might be what I need. Somebody with books please post the effect for the Linked Portal ritual.
That sounds about perfect. The ritual links a circle you draw on the ground (temporary portal) to a permanent portal elsewhere on the same plane. It also states that most major wizard guilds, large cities, and temples have permanent circles in place, so it would be reasonable to think a tower with no doors would have one on the inside. Destination is chosen by the sigils you put on your temporary circle - match the permanent circle and that's where you go.

So the "backdoor" would be kept secret because only some people would know the proper sigils to draw on the ground.

chaosmoon

First Post
Can wizards still cast a fireball? What does it do?

Yes Fireball is a Wizard attack 5 and it is a daily power its area is burst 3 within 20 squards and its attack is Intel vs Reflex and does 3d6 + int mod damage.

Remove ads