• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I am back. Greetings to my friends. :)

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, I want to say this.

You rock!

I've had tons of fun in your IRs, and feel privladged to have been able to play in them, under you as a DM and with so many very awesome people.

Whether or not you hold another IR, neither of these two facts will change.

--------------------

With those things over, I urge you to look towards your own health primarily.

--------------------

In any case, it's awesome to see you back on the boards!

Gurdjieff

First Post
Welcome back Edena, it's good to see you again =]

I think you can be certain everyone who was in the 4th IR to want to continue/restart/whatever with it, I think most of us voted for that option in the IR topic. I dont think you have to worry about any of us not wanting to play.

And I think Draco worded it very nicely!

Kalanyr

Explorer
Well since everything I wish to say has been said far more eloquently, welcome back Edena.

Take your time decide how or if YOU want to do things. :)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Edena,

Great to see you back, only the other day I reformatted my new computer, it was acting up big time :p. Heh, and a story relating to your own computer troubles which you might find amusing:

About a year ago the only decently functional computer in our house was our dad's school laptop (he was a teacher at the high school I went to), 64 meg RAM, about 300mhz, it ran the net and its what I played the 3rd IR on. :D (I'm very proud to have been a part of that too, you've left a mark upon the boards that will last forever... or at least as long as the boards do. ;))

Anyway, I wasn't the only person to use that laptop, at least three of my five other family members made a fair amount of use of it. Eventually, after a few reformats, the hard drive started to die. It would make funny noises when the machine was turned on, would reset mysteriously at any point in time, would spring up BSD's at will and eventually could only say something about being unable to find the operating system. Very grisly stuff, so we sent it away to get fixed. Upon arrival to wherever they fix the laptops they took a look at it, my dad called them not long after to find out if the computer could be fixed with the school budget. They said no, and asked if the laptop had been used in an industrial area because of the amount of food in the keyboard, they also found an unidentifiable black mass tangled with the cooling fan (which explains half the weird noises that came from the laptop, the hard drive making the other half of weird noises), we suspect it was dog hair. They fixed the laptop and sent it back, but we didn't have enough time to 'break' it again because of the moving around during Christmas.

Happy ending for it though, it resides safely back in the other town we used to live in, and functions quite well still. Most likely in the use of someone who takes care of it.

Oh, and by the way, welcome back. :D

Phasmus

First Post
Just last night I was recounting to some of my players the old tale of the rise and fall of the Illithid in the first IR. Many stories I have, but The Illithid of the Industrial Revolution remains one of the most popular. I am glad to see that the IR spirit lives on.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hey there, all.
Say hi to Phasmus. He was a major player in the 1st IR. Heh ... if I could only sic him on the super serious people on the WOTC boards, he might liven things up greatly!

You know, I went over to the WOTC Boards and had a look.
I started a thread to discuss and reminisce about the IR, then thought better of it.

They are all so serious over there. And angry, too. Take a look ... some are angry because the Realms are like this, and some are angry because the Realms are like that, and everyone seems rather solemn and serious.
There is no place for our IR there, I fear. (shakes head.) I got a bad feeling about even trying, and deleted my thread.

I mean, if I told them that in the IR the humanoids ate the elves of Evereska, while Darwin and the leaders of the technomancy attended the feast, I doubt I'd get much of a response.
I wouldn't get any horrified WHAT?! response.
I wouldn't get any bemused THEY DID?? response.
I wouldn't even get a comical CHEERS TO FORRESTER response.

What I would get would be: That's just some nonsense on another board. Can we talk about actual FR, please? That's what this board is for, and you're wasting board space.
Or, at least, that was the impression I got.

Edena_of_Neith (who thought all you guys and girls rocked in the IRs.)

Inez Hull

First Post
Good to see you're back Edena. I think if you do restart the IR the most important thing has to be your health and sanity. The amount of time required to keep the IR going is too much for one person without eventually burning out. Can I suggest that if you do decide to restart things you put a one post per day rule for all the players to keep things from spiralling out of managability.

Regardless, it's just good to see you back online and as verbose as ever. :D

Serpenteye

First Post
Also, understand that many of you were already well entrenched in the territories in which you possessed. You may believe I speak only of you, Serpenteye, but in fact many of you had well established territories.

"Well entrenched" LOL! I began with nothing, won over most of Faerun with my books and then, in some way I'm still not sure of, lost over half of my territories because I had become too powerful for game-balance. Now I'm fighting a libertarian alliance, with all the ruthlessness I deem wise, losing "well entrenched" territories without a fight (Amn) while trying to compensate for my losses by bringing in a couple of hundred million Chinese. And that's just the tip of the Ice-berg.
Even if we disregard the fact that my great confederation didn't even exist half a (game time) year ago I don't think I could be considered very well entrenched at all, nor could anybody else, the situation is simply too chaotic. Ahh, I love the IRs :D.

All hail Edena, Lord of Chaos and Creation! ;)

Welcome back Terry. :)

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hey there, Serpenteye.

You know what, folks?
I can't make heads or tails of how they are posting over on FR General on the WOTC Boards.

I guess I am reminded of the Tolkien Boards, where everyone solemnly discusses the setting the author created.
I think that's what I am seeing on FR General.

There's nothing wrong with that, obviously.
If we fans want to discuss our settings seriously, why not do so in a forum made just for that?
But I do believe an IR over there would be ignored. They would simply consider it, or even discussion of our previous IRs, to be irrelevant.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads