D&D 5E I am looking for a hyperactive race or monster for a 5e game?

Rafael Martin

Adventurer
Hello for a 5e game I am looking for a race or monster that is very hyperactive: they are continuously talking, moving, and being incredibly annoying. They would not necessarily be evil; probably more like a Chaotic Neutral alignment. Any suggestions?

Voadam

Legend
Pretty much anything small could be characterized that way.

Gnomes, Kender, Kobolds, Goblins, Pixies, Quicklings, Ratfolk, Faerie Dragon.

Would also work for not so small slim darting things that talk so possibly some drakes or giant weasels or such depending on the monsters you use.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Quickling
This. I used them to great effect as a gaggle of NPCs that had been polymorphed by their leader (a slightly taller quickling, who was their leader in spite of being a rather young girl and half of them being her uncles, because she was the tallest and fastest) into geese, and then they harassed the Mercado in the port town of Firenz in my Islands World game, stealing a hat, a wig, a parisol, and a key the party needed right out of the hand of the NPC who was explaining why they needed it to do the job. The party chased and fought the geese, and when each one hit 0 they exploded in a cloud of feathers that didn't settle, instead hanging in the air obscuring vision in a 5 foot radius amidst the sound of oddly echoing laughter. When the black goose was caught and dropped, the remaining geese also exploded, and were revealed to be quicklings in clothes made of leaves, with impassive wooden masks and wildly colorful hair.

The PCs had the choice of taking the prank in good humor, or not. Had they attacked, they'd have suffered a curse of bad luck regardless of the fight's outcome. Since they mastered themselves and took it in stride, the quicklings rewarded them with gifts, and a riddle that would later help them navigate underground tunnels leading to the ancient vault they needed into.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases