D&D 5E I Am Once Again Asking for Your ... High Level Adventures

Retreater

Legend
So my four character party of 6th level characters again rolled over a short adventure (Temple of the Yuan-Ti), which had been designed for 8th level characters. I even threw in a medusa in the climactic boss fight, and it was only moderately difficult (at an effective CR 14 encounter).
They liked the short dungeon format, but I need to find something else that's high enough level that I can drop in the ongoing campaign that can at least partially challenge these players. Bonus points if it's already on Roll20.

*I have audited the characters. Ability scores are based around the standard array/point buy. There is a single +1 weapon amongst the party as the solitary magic item. Party includes wizard, cleric, ranger, and monk/fighter.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Just participated in consumption through adventurers league. It's got oozes and a bit of body horror. A fairly quick adventure designed for 8th level characters. As is, might be a bit too easy for your group, but VERY easy to scale (just add more oozes).

How "high level" are you looking for?

My party is currently using City of Brass by Frog God. Potential for lots of magic, but it is also very potentially deadly. Lots of concepts in it that scale up to Tier 4 pretty easily. Plus if comes with intro adventures for Tier 1.

It's designed as full 1-20 campaign setting, but you can easily pull parts of it out. Like I'm doing.

dave2008

Legend
So my four character party of 6th level characters again rolled over a short adventure (Temple of the Yuan-Ti), which had been designed for 8th level characters. I even threw in a medusa in the climactic boss fight, and it was only moderately difficult (at an effective CR 14 encounter).
Unfortunately I know very little about published adventures, but if you want to challenge a group of (4) 6th level characters you need a CR 16 encounter: Epic Encounters

Perhaps you should have thrown in 2 medusa in the final encounter.

It's not difficult to upgrade a module to a higher CR. Just increase HP, AC and damage of the monsters, or simply increase their numbers.

So, just grab any module you like and edit the combat a bit. As a bonus action, you will surprise any meta-gaming players who already know the module.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever

Retreater

Legend
Just curious about how many rests (Long or Short) they took during the adventure.
They took one Long rest during the adventure. The number of Short rests I'm less sure about - maybe three?
Also, what are their subclasses?
Cleric - Life Domain
Ranger - Gloom Stalker
Monk - Way of Shadow
Wizard - Conjuration
Into the Temple of the Yuan-Ti - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild
It was this one. Seemed to have good reviews online.

Retreater

Legend
Just participated in consumption through adventurers league. It's got oozes and a bit of body horror. A fairly quick adventure designed for 8th level characters. As is, might be a bit too easy for your group, but VERY easy to scale (just add more oozes).

How "high level" are you looking for?
I'm guessing 10th level would be a good starting point?

There's the obvious stuff like I can't put against them - like a red dragon with a breath weapon that does 80 points of damage. But I did a practice encounter to test them, and they were able to defeat a marilith - and that actually felt like a challenging boss fight for their 6th level party.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases