D&D 5E I Am Once Again Asking for Your ... High Level Adventures

Stormonu

Legend
So my four character party of 6th level characters again rolled over a short adventure (Temple of the Yuan-Ti), which had been designed for 8th level characters. I even threw in a medusa in the climactic boss fight, and it was only moderately difficult (at an effective CR 14 encounter).
They liked the short dungeon format, but I need to find something else that's high enough level that I can drop in the ongoing campaign that can at least partially challenge these players. Bonus points if it's already on Roll20.

*I have audited the characters. Ability scores are based around the standard array/point buy. There is a single +1 weapon amongst the party as the solitary magic item. Party includes wizard, cleric, ranger, and monk/fighter.
Sounds like your players are a well-oiled machine. Congrats to them and you.

Sounds like you may want to take a look at Goodman Games or Frog God line of adventures - they tend towards a more challenging line-up of adventures.

Quartz

Hero
I even threw in a medusa in the climactic boss fight, and it was only moderately difficult (at an effective CR 14 encounter).

I fear the swinginess with such disparity. Have you looked at using a much lower CR monster but adding the Mythic trait from Theros? Basically a one-off instant regeneration from death. Or perhaps eight-off for a feline!

Retreater

Legend
I fear the swinginess with such disparity. Have you looked at using a much lower CR monster but adding the Mythic trait from Theros? Basically a one-off instant regeneration from death. Or perhaps eight-off for a feline!
I don't have Theros, so I didn't know Mythic was even an option.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
If I can plug an adventure of my own, Beacon in the Dark is about traveling through the underdark to reclaim an ancient dwarven outpost. We recommend it for 7-9th level, though I think that's assuming a pretty competent party. The last battle is a tough on and if the PCs take a long rest, they fail the adventure.

Remove ads