• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E I bought GURPS 4e!!!! (and returned it the next day)

DMScott

First Post
Chainsaw Mage said:
I spend several hours reading through these books and at some point my head started to ache. Severely. I mean, I like crunch as much as the next guy, but holy crap...this was like reading a friggin' Advanced Quantum Physics textbook or something.

I'm not much of a GURPS fan - Hero is my point-based system of choice - but this sort of criticism bugs me. GURPS requires the same simple arithmetic you learned in primary school or use when you're figuring out if you can afford to buy stuff at your FLGS. It ain't rocket science, or Advanced Quantum Physics for that matter. It's just ordinary arithmetic using integers and the occasional fraction, folks, don't be scared of it.

Malin Genie

First Post
Emiricol said:
Thank you for posting. I had resigned myself to not buying it, and the binding was the single issue that tipped the balance. My budget is limited after all, so I am picky about my purchases usually. I will probably pick it up now.

Ditto - the balancing factor (especially given the much higher costs of the books here in Australia) was the binding - so now I shall go out and buy!

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Paul said:
If the bindings were giving out as fast as some would have you believe, we'd be swamped with angry customers and retailers, and we'd be sueing the pants off the printer. And, most importantly, we'd be admiting it, in public, likely with a Daily Illuminator written by SJ himself.

When I saw the bit about the bindings, I was rather surprised...surely I'd've gotten it in the Illuminator. :)

Thanks, Paul!

Brad

Remove ads