I built a ship model from a 1986 Dragon Magazine

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Recently I discovered a Dragon Magazine insert from 1986.....a ship....that I had somehow never made. So, I filmed the process of me making it. I hope you enjoy. Next week I'll post either something about using corks to make terrain, or toilet paper rolls, we'll see how it goes.....

Oh, and thanks to my friend Jim for painting that Bones Kraken I bought and was not confident enough to paint.....

edit to add: I also include minor tips for those who have not built paper craft terrain before....

DSC07381.JPG

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZAJ0T76jPTI…

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I can’t wait to see your next vid about making it your own way.

I'm going to adjust the one I already built. I've already added a thin layer of foam core to the bottom and made it black. MUCH better flat. I'm hoping I can get my color printer, which has not been plugged in in at least 18 months, working....

darjr

I crit!
I remember lots of these old school dnd paper crafts. There was a whole castle too.... but I don’t think that was miniature scalez

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I remember lots of these old school dnd paper crafts. There was a whole castle too.... but I don’t think that was miniature scalez

that castle is free in the latest Dragon+, released yesterday. It is not to scale, I have that one too, and have not built it.

Remove ads