I gotta ask: the "laugh" points, are they meant as appreciation or as mockery??

CapnZapp

Legend
Privacy tools are a standard feature of social media, including forums. It’s up to you whether to avail yourself of them. They have been made available to you.

Hmmm....
So your official reply to anyone feeling mocked through the Laugh point system is: hold your tongue, silently block the transgressor after the fact, let him move on to somebody else without him even knowing or realizing what he's done? With no help or support from the moderators?

That's a stark contrast to your talk about Enworld being inclusive and welcoming

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So your official reply to anyone feeling mocked through the Laugh point system is: hold your tongue, silently block the transgressor after the fact, let him move on to somebody else without him even knowing or realizing what he's done? With no help or support from the moderators?

No, those are your words. My reply is in my posts.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To also be clear -- moderator action absolutely does not get publicly demanded in Meta. That is the opposite of how moderation in this community works. There is no chance whatsoever of a precedent of somebody coming to Meta and demanding I spank somebody publicly taking place. You reported the post(s), we'll decide what to do from there, if anything.

Additionally, when you report a post, coming to Meta to try to force a particular outcome is also completely inappropriate.

Last edited:

The Laugh button is merely an indicator that someone found the post amusing.

WHY they found it amusing is really only the business of the one laughing. Humour is possibly the most subjective thing in interpersonal communication.

It is rarely wise to ascribe motivations to people on the internet unless you are an actual telepath. In which case, can you look in my head and see where I left my recipe for pralines? Thanksyerapeach.

Remove ads