I Hate My Players.

Dark Eternal

First Post
Blackshirt...

You're going about this all wrong, dude. You see, your villians demise at the hands of Angcuru's soul sucking sword was exactly what the guy planned to have happen.

After all, he had discovered an ancient tome several months back that spoke of how Stormbrand's evil counterpart had once been a weapon of good as well, but had been corrupted from within by a specially prepared evil soul...

[cue diabolical laughter; rise to crecendo; fade.]

Fenes 2

First Post
Any villain that actually faces a party of heroes in combat is not suited for a recurring villain - only luck will keep him alive.

John Crichton

First Post
the following is brought to you by the creators of the X-Files...

You see, the thing is that this is just an elaborate ruse by blackshirt5 (Need I remind you if you break down the name you will find the 2 letters encoded b.s. in there). He uses these boards as a place to give you momentary comfort. You see his faux anger, not realizing his l33t DM skillz of deception. This lull is simply the eye of the storm. The true results of your actions will soon be revealed. Trust in that.

;)

Last edited:

Skarp Hedin

First Post
Jeez, I wish "Killing the bad NPCs too easily" was all my players did. My group's currently suspended due to fighting, sadly. I wish they could go back to chopping up the villains, but nooooo.

Li Shenron

Legend
blackshirt5 said:
Ever have your players completely manage to destroy an entire nights story in two rolls? It happened tonight. A pair of critical hits by a dwarf and an elf managed to rip the soul out of a guy that I had spent a week preparing(I USED to have plans of using him as a recurring villain), and splatter the grey matter of a backstabbing assassin across the walls of a cathedral. At least I critically injured both of them, but a week's worth of planning was just flushed down the tubes! AUGH!

So, how do they love you , when you slaughter their just-made PCs with a save-or-die spell after they have been thinking weeks about a neat concept for their next character? :)

If you haven't had the time to exploit your new NPC's ideas, they haven't known much of him, you can still "export" them to another villain.

I don't like cheating, or suggesting to do so, but when it is THE villain of a whole campaign, I would have tricked something out (like a contingented teleport) before they kill him, which would not exist if the combat otherwise lasts long enough to be interesting. It would be cheating, and it would be unfair, but it could save the fun. And all computer based so-call RPG like Baldur's Gate regularly "cheat" against the players, although in a different way.

Darklone

I never plan NPCs to become recurring villains. Either some puny standard henchman of a big boss survives and comes back later buffed up with more experience and some nice treasures of his exboss, or he dies.

Play them, don't plan them.

blackshirt5

First Post
Wormwood said:
I sense Armor of Fortification in your future. ;)

Yup, the Evil Villain's Emporium is having a warehouse sale on Armor of Heavy Fortification. Buy one suit, get your whole organization outfitted with it for free!

But hey, don't worry Angcuru, RakeRon. These guys have inspired my evil side, and now you've pissed of something worse than Victor(yes, Victor, not Vincent! Get the guy's name right, show a little respect for a black-hearted fiend who's dark soul you destroyed!). Get ready to have fun.:)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Well, I am sure your experience has happened to plenty of DMs in the past. But, like I always tell people, sure Bad Guy Mark XXIV just got killed, but there is always somebody bigger and badder right around the corner. Darth Vader had the Emperor, the Beast from recent Angel episodes was recently found out to have a Boss...

blackshirt5 said:
Ever have your players completely manage to destroy an entire nights story in two rolls? It happened tonight. A pair of critical hits by a dwarf and an elf managed to rip the soul out of a guy that I had spent a week preparing(I USED to have plans of using him as a recurring villain), and splatter the grey matter of a backstabbing assassin across the walls of a cathedral. At least I critically injured both of them, but a week's worth of planning was just flushed down the tubes! AUGH!
Could be worse my player have a nasty habit of chocking at the finial moment . I've seen the barbarian in the group roll 7 straight 1 in a troll during a climatic fight. the easy stuff my party can deal with but once it gets to the dramatic moment the choke and die :0
Ken

Remove ads