• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have a 136 GB flash drive.

A few weeks ago I found a flash drive lying on the sidewalk on my way to work. When I got home, I tried plugging it into my computer to see if it had any files on it, so I could try to get it back to the person. At first it was blank, so I just kept it around in case I needed some extra storage space.

Today I was looking for an easy way to bring some mp3s to a game, and I pulled out the old flash drive and plugged it into my computer. Now it says that it has 136 gigabytes of files stored on it, all of which were created in 1980.

I think something is amiss. Anyone know how I might fix this?

Ilium

First Post
I know that for Memorex drives (and presumably others) you can download software that will let you re-format it. Might be worth a shot.

Just don't let the Secret Masters know you found their stuff... ;)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Now that sounds like a fun game... leave flashcard filled with obscure files in a remote corner of downtown. Odd photos, sound files, etc... clues to the location of the next flash card ;)

Fenris

Adventurer
RangerWickett said:
A few weeks ago I found a flash drive lying on the sidewalk on my way to work. When I got home, I tried plugging it into my computer to see if it had any files on it, so I could try to get it back to the person. At first it was blank, so I just kept it around in case I needed some extra storage space.

Today I was looking for an easy way to bring some mp3s to a game, and I pulled out the old flash drive and plugged it into my computer. Now it says that it has 136 gigabytes of files stored on it, all of which were created in 1980.

I think something is amiss. Anyone know how I might fix this?

Don't worry, the men in the black suits will be there in just a moment............. :]

Aeolius said:
Now that sounds like a fun game... leave flashcard filled with obscure files in a remote corner of downtown. Odd photos, sound files, etc... clues to the location of the next flash card ;)

I used to work in a building with low-level spooks (nothing too secret, or we wouldn't have been in the same building). For fun every once in a while we'd take some random data, encrypt it to a floppy disk, then toss it out the elevator on their floor on our way to lunch. :lol:

Bront

The man with the probe
Probably a formatting error.

You can just use windows formatting, but you want to use FAT32 to format it if you can. NTFS will slow it down incredably.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
How big is it, physically? The military does use very large flash drives in place of hard drives because flash drives are more durable.

Or it could be a glitch.

It's the size of my thumb.

I formatted it. Then I tried to save a file on it. I could access the file. But when I unplugged the flash drive and plugged it back in, the computer said the drive was not formatted. I tried formatting again, then saving a file, then unplugging and plugging back in. Once again it said the drive wasn't formatted. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the thing's broken.

frankthedm

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I used to work in a building with low-level spooks (nothing too secret, or we wouldn't have been in the same building). For fun every once in a while we'd take some random data, encrypt it to a floppy disk, then toss it out the elevator on their floor on our way to lunch. :lol:
:] Cruel and unusually funny. :lol:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads