D&D General "I have Played in or Run a Campaign Set in the Forgotten Realms" (a poll)

True or False: "I have Played in or Run a Campaign Set in the Forgotten Realms"

• True.

Votes: 258 84.0%
  • False.

Votes: 49 16.0%

Iosue

Legend
I never played in the Forgotten Realms until I got 5e. Since then, I've run LMoP for different groups. I played Hoard of the Dragon Queen in FR, but when I ran it myself, we reskinned it to be set in Krynn. Princes of the Apocalypse and Out of the Abyss I ran straight as being in FR. Curse of Strahd I set up to originally be in our childhood D&D campaign world before moving to Barovia. Dragon of Icespire Peak and the subsequent Storm Lord's Wrath have been in the Forgotten Realms.

That said, while the setting is ostensibly the Forgotten Realms, inasmuch as you can find the adventure locations on a FR map, I have not leaned into the greater lore or implications there of. If I wanted to, I could pretty easily transfer it to a homebrew setting.

That said, my sister has been playing for the first time, and she absolutely loved that the D&D movie was set somewhere she was familiar with.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
back in the mid 90s, and recently when I was a player in a dragons of icespire peak. But I haven't used it much in between those...

Remove ads