D&D 5E I have the DMG!

Osgood

Adventurer
Lucky dog! What can you spill about Downtime? How about using Treasure tables (as in how do you decide what to roll on for the various creatures)?

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
So basically, then, would the Oathbreaker paladin be an example of how to change a class?

And just to doubly confirm, nothing on blackguards or anti-paladins, right? I'm assuming the Oathbreaker is meant to cover these, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
Oathbreaker paladin and the Death domain are offered as villainous character options. From the description, I would say that Oathbreaker covers blackguard and antipaladin.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
How are the downtime and domain rules?
There are rules for recurring expenses, crafting magical items, building a stronghold, running a business, carousing, selling magic items, gaining renown, performing sacred rites, sowing rumors and training to gain levels. There are some suggestions to create further downtime activities.

As far as I can see, there are no domains rules.

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
At a quick glance, what do the tactical combat options look like?
There are rules for using squares and hexes which include flanking, more precise rules for cover and facing (the 1-2 diagonal optional rule is also present).

Specific combat options that are offered are: climbing on a bigger creature, disarming, marking, overrunning, shoving aside and tumbling. There's also an option for hitting cover (basically the 3e rule). There is a short table for lingering wounds and rules for massive damage and morale.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Are there player wealth levels, recommendations for keeping a "balanced" in-game economy? I'm starting to loosen the purse strings on magic items, and I'm afraid of going a little too Oprah. "You get a magic weapon, and you get a magic weapon, and you get a magic weapon!"
So far, I haven't seen them.

Remove ads