D&D 5E I have the DMG!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Lucy dog! What can you spill about Downtime? How about using Treasure tables (as in how do you decide what to roll on for the various creatures)?
For downtime, see one of my posts above. Treasure tables are used according to the CR of the creature.

CapnZapp

Legend
What are the rules for buying magic items? (In those campaigns that like that option)

Alternatively, what options do the DMG present for the adventurer with several tens of thousands of gold pieces to spend?

If not magic items, then what?

Also, I second the call for details on creating magic items (and presumably, guidelines to set a gp cost appropriate for the item's power and function).

Thanks,

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
What can you tell us about the rules for creating magic items?

Thanks for answering questions!
The rules are optional. A character needs a formula and possibly special materials and locations (left to the DM). Common items cost 100 GP and require 3rd level; uncommon 500 GP and 3rd level; rare 5,000 GP and 6th level; very rare 50,0000 GP and 11th level; legendary 500,000 GP and 17th level.

A day of crafting (8 hours of work) is worth 25 GP of progress. If the item will cast a spell, the spell must be expended every day during the crafting, but of the spell can be cast once (such as a scroll) the spell needs to be expended only one time. Multiple characters that meet the level prerequisite can cooperate, each contributing 25 GP per day and, if needed, spell slots.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
OK, that's it for tonight! I'm sorry, but I have to finish some work and then go to bed... tomorrow, I have to get up early. I'll be back for more in the afternoon, local time (CET, that's GMT +1).

Remove ads