D&D 5E I have the DMG!

Warunsun

First Post
Reread my post, please.
I was never discussing the cosmic significance of the release date for longevity. I was discussing the fact the special WPN window falls on a holiday weekend where some stores will be closed and it is less than ideal for customers looking to get the book early. If the release date wasn't important at all then Wizards would just let every retailer have the book when it was ready like in the old days. They are the ones pushing the pre-order or WPN dates. It certainly will not affect the overall sales of the book and I never said it would. There is just a lot less reason to buy it at the local WPN store. Here in the US they don't deliver gaming supplies on that Thursday because it is a national holiday. That Friday is black Friday and the delivery companies are going to be swamped restocking special sales and such for nearly every major retailer. The game store I contacted that was going to be open was concerned he wouldn't receive his shipment on time because of Black Friday. He thought there would be a good chance it would be delayed until Tuesday or Wednesday but was hopeful it would come in. Picking November 18th or November 21st or even December 4th or December 7th would have been better for WPN stores. It certainly doesn't effect Amazon, Wizards, or any other major retailer.

I was never discussing the cosmic significance of the release date for longevity. I was discussing the fact the special WPN window falls on a holiday weekend where some stores will be closed and it is less than ideal for customers looking to get the book early. If the release date wasn't important at all then Wizards would just let every retailer have the book when it was ready like in the old days. They are the ones pushing the pre-order or WPN dates. It certainly will not affect the overall sales of the book and I never said it would. There is just a lot less reason to buy it at the local WPN store. Here in the US they don't deliver gaming supplies on that Thursday because it is a national holiday. That Friday is black Friday and the delivery companies are going to be swamped restocking special sales and such for nearly every major retailer. The game store I contacted that was going to be open was concerned he wouldn't receive his shipment on time because of Black Friday. He thought there would be a good chance it would be delayed until Tuesday or Wednesday but was hopeful it would come in. Picking November 18th or November 21st or even December 4th or December 7th would have been better for WPN stores. It certainly doesn't effect Amazon, Wizards, or any other major retailer.
...I really don't see the big deal, bro. Folks whose FLGS is closed all weekend will buy the book on Monday.

Dire Bare

Legend
Dude. Nov 28 isn't a holiday. Black Friday isn't a holiday. It's the biggest freakin' retail shopping day for ANY retail store for the entire year. Releasing a book on this day makes perfect sense. You have picked a strange horse to ride.

Any retail store that chooses to close on Friday is a store that doesn't like money.

aramis erak

Legend
The new release date of the Dungeon Master's Guide seems to be very poorly chosen. The day before the release is a national holiday. The day of the release is an unofficial holiday and some mom and pop game stores are planning on being closed for both days and the first one I called is planning on being closed for three days that week. I did find one 30 miles from my location in a bordering state that does plan on selling them.

Friday's release is only for Wizards' Preferred Network stores. Most Mom-n-Pop stores aren't WPN stores, so they probably won't even have the stock in from their distributors yet.

Remove ads