I just GMed my 3 year old for the first time!

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Just saw a new Magic Card that reminded me of this thread:
Infernal_Spawn_of_Infernal_Spawn_of_Evil.jpg

(No offense meant, of course.)

Cathal

First Post
Rel said:
What I hadn't expected was how magnanimous she would be in victory. She specifically returned the eggs belonging to the Dragon and Parrot respectively. But then she said she would give all the others back to the Egg Rats "so they would have something to eat for breakfast."

What do you call that? Chaotic Neutral?

Chaotic Neutral, perhaps, but she'll never become a member of the much-reknown band of ruffians called the "Breakfast Bandits" at that rate...

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
... I had never seen this thread before, but awesome story!

Has she gained a level yet? :uhoh:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Jdvn1 said:
... I had never seen this thread before, but awesome story!

Has she gained a level yet? :uhoh:

Well she turned 3&1/2 so maybe that qualifies.

If you haven't then I'd recommend that you follow the link in my sig to the Samantha the Red Story Hour.

Kemrain

First Post
Rel, I wish my father had been more like you. I'm jealous of your little girl. She's so very lucky to have a father who does these things with her. Congradulations, you win parenthood. So far, at least.

- Kemrain the Proud and Jealous.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Kemrain said:
Rel, I wish my father had been more like you. I'm jealous of your little girl. She's so very lucky to have a father who does these things with her. Congradulations, you win parenthood. So far, at least.

- Kemrain the Proud and Jealous.

Kremain, that is by far the best compliment I could receive. I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart. Parenting is a difficult job and not one that I always do the best at. But I do try to have fun with it and so far Samantha seems to like my take on it.

For you or any others who might be following my Samantha the Red Story Hour, this weekend marks the end of my "Story Hour Vacation" that I've been on since I finished writing my Faded Glory Story Hour last month. So look for updates in the Story Hour starting next week and happening weekly for some time to come.

reapersaurus

First Post
bump, for anyone that didn't read this great story, and anyone who has ideas for a kid's birthday party that incorporates any GM'ing/adventure ideas.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Rel, these are some terrific tales. As the parent of a 3-year-old girl myself, I do hope you'll keep "publishing" your adventures.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Reapersaurus! Haven't seen you in a while. Hope you've been well.

As always, thanks for the compliments. I'm happy to report that Samantha's imagination is alive and well. We haven't done a lot in the way of this kind of "adventuring" lately but it's exciting that she's still very much interested in the concept.

Lately she's been running adventures for her mother and I using the Descent boardgame we got last January. She sets up the dungeons and populates it with monsters and has the most delightful grin on her face when she tells us the room has "TWO DRAGONS" in it. She LOVES being "The Game Master".

I regret that I haven't been more dilligent about posting here about this stuff. There is still the potential somewhere down the line for me to do a book about "Roleplaying With Kids" that might come to fruition if I can ever get my lazy ass in gear. We'll see.

Remove ads