I killed a Kobold. Killed him dead.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Did I mention I love D&D? Cuz' I do.

Tonight, while our party was adventuring through Barakus, my sorceror scored a critcal hit with a Ray of Frost, doing 6 points of damage (rolled double 6s) and killing a hapless kobold attacker.

It was great.

And then, a little while later, I used a daze spell to keep an ogre from attacking the party...and we schooled him. That was great, too.

That's it. No fancy punchline, no cynical observations.

I just thought I'd share what a great game we had. Thanks for listening. :)

WizarDru said:
Tonight, while our party was adventuring through Barakus, my sorceror scored a critcal hit with a Ray of Frost, doing 6 points of damage (rolled double 6s) and killing a hapless kobold attacker.
Duude! Your character is so buff. I'm in awe. ;)

And I totally reciprocate the sentiment of your post. Way to go! Have fun with D&D! Don't cut your boss's head off with a homemade sword! Keep in mind what this is all about!

:eek:

Patman21967

First Post
The closest I ever came to that was....I was a 3rd level sorcerer, the rest of the party was down and out...and I critted the Ettin with a xbow, since I was out of juice, and took it down....it was way cool....no fudging either....

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
Ah, sometimes it's the little things that matter most....

Are the low levels more fun just because we played them first?

Boojum

First Post
Nice shot! The only times I've seen rays of frost drop enemies is when they're used by the rogue/wiz to do sneak attacks. Good use of cantrips (though for future reference, daze only works on humanoids).

hero4hire

Explorer
Recently we had our resident Necromancer crit with his Ray Of Enfeeblement. That sure did a number on the spider we were fighting...

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
hero4hire said:
Recently we had our resident Necromancer crit with his Ray Of Enfeeblement. That sure did a number on the spider we were fighting...

Hmmm... I didn't think you could critical with Ray of Enfeeblement on account of the fact that it didn't deal damage (it's a penalty not damage), much like you can't critically hit with Bull's Strength.

Gez

First Post
Patman21967 said:
The closest I ever came to that was....I was a 3rd level sorcerer, the rest of the party was down and out...and I critted the Ettin with a xbow, since I was out of juice, and took it down....it was way cool....no fudging either....

I had something like that, too. We got captured by a BBEG and stripped of all equipment. Something seriously crippling for a wizard, who needs his spellbook and his component pouch.

Anyway, when we managed to escape, we encountered several ogres, and my little gnome wizard downed one with a dagger charge crit. Sure, the ogre was already wounded. But still. It was cool.

hero4hire

Explorer
Nyarlathotep said:
Hmmm... I didn't think you could critical with Ray of Enfeeblement on account of the fact that it didn't deal damage (it's a penalty not damage), much like you can't critically hit with Bull's Strength.

Hmm you could be right..Its not ability damage...hrm... :]

Remove ads