D&D 4E I know exactly what 4e needs -- Mr. T!

The Little Raven

First Post
Rel said:
And I'm not just saying that because I just got done playing my 40 Human Paladin with the same buddies that I'll be sitting around playing Eberron with on Monday night.

My 70 Gnome Mage is why REG's off the fruitcake list this year.

ivocaliban

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
Yeah. It's a good thing D&D books are free! Oh wait...

My point was that Blizzard Entertainment (World of Warcraft) can afford people like Mr. T and Shatner to hawk their wares because of the monthly fees, while ArenaNet (Guild Wars) may not have the income necessary to do so. Context, as always, is important.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Orius said:
Shatner's a different story. Isn't he still in some regular TV role or something?
Everyone in my guild has jobs. Many of them have jobs, college or grad school or children. MMORPGs typically substitute for TV time, not going to work time.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I came to suggest Colbet -- so I'm glad he was nominated in the first reply!

Matt Groening and Conan O'Brien would be wonderful (fantasy) options.

FadedC

First Post
ivocaliban said:
My point was that Blizzard Entertainment (World of Warcraft) can afford people like Mr. T and Shatner to hawk their wares because of the monthly fees, while ArenaNet (Guild Wars) may not have the income necessary to do so. Context, as always, is important.

Well it's worth noting that by not charging monthly fees and not providing the kinds of services that go with those monthly fees, Guild Wars probably saves a ton of money too. Constantly developing new content is expensive and so is maintaining server farms. It's not like Guild Wars is forgoing monthly fees out of the goodness of their heart.

davethegame

Explorer
Wil Wheaton posted on his blog a while back that he had been in a rejected pilot for Comedy Central for "Celebrity D&D." Wizards needs to get on that.

Also, anyone know if the Mohawk is going to be a core class in 4e?

Orius said:
Shatner's a different story. Isn't he still in some regular TV role or something?
Quite. He plays Denny Crane on Boston Legal, a role for which he has been nominated for an Emmy 4 times, and won twice. One of the best characters on television.

Ranger REG

Explorer
RigaMortus2 said:
Yeah. It's a good thing D&D books are free! Oh wait...
Hey, I'd rather pay for the software ONCE, not having to pay every months after to keep playing. Those extra money are better put to good use, like Doritos. :lol:

I pay for the D&D books once, but I'm not going to subscribe to this DDi crap to keep playing.

Ranger REG

Explorer
RigaMortus2 said:
Is it really necessary to insult people who enjoy a different form of entertainment than you? Some of those people who post here on this very board? Is it possible some people could like both D&D and MMORPGs?
:confused: :uhoh: *faints*

Impossible!

RigaMortus2 said:
If you don't like pay-2-play games, then don't (and you obviously don't). Why the need to insult others?
To bring them from the darkness of a corporate scam and into the point of light. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases