• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Miss Reviews

ivocaliban

First Post
Mark said:
Maybe a forum could be started where reviewers could just post the reviews?

Better than nothing! I really miss reviews. As I purchase most of my rpgs sight unseen by ordering online (I have no FLGS) I depend on reviews and excerpts to make most of my buying decisions. Lately, that's not been so easy.

I've been depending mostly on the recent "best of" 3e polls, but there are a significant number of products not covered in such things.

Crothian

First Post
Ya, I miss writing reviews. I haven't written any since it broke but I've been playing many new games that I was planning on reviewing.

Aus_Snow

First Post
ivocaliban said:
Ditto. I've bought nearly a hundred 3e products since the announcement of 4e.
Jumpin' jeebus. :eek:

I haven't been quite that committed, but yeah, me too. Perhaps a quarter of that, so far (including d20/OGL, and in PDF or print.)

Oh, and if someone does put up a reviews site, I might even get around to posting one! That's a threat, not a promise. ;)

sinecure

First Post
Mark said:
Maybe a forum could be started where reviewers could just post the reviews?
This is a good idea. We need somewhere to review 4th edition come April (or is it May?) or this place is going to lose out to Gleemax and other sites.

bento

Explorer
Reviews are what attracted me first to ENWorld. I hung around long enough reading them that I finally decided to sign up to post on these boards, and eventually writing two reviews of my own. This is the first I heard that the site couldn't handle them - I thought John, Joe, Crothian and Psion just got tired of writing them. ;)

Starting a review forum sounds like a great idea, as it allows other posters to ask the reviewer additional questions about the product.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads