• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Miss Reviews

CaptainChaos

First Post
There used to be so many reviews here, but now it's sometimes weeks without any. It was a real feature of the site a few years ago and I'd like to see it revive. Who's with me?

Grymar

Explorer
Which makes me think...how badly has the announcement and pending release of 4e affected the rpg market? I know my buying has slowed to a trickle over the past 4+ months. Is that a trend that has carried over the entire industry?

Psion

Adventurer
I miss them too. Unfortunately, this isn't just a "people aren't reviewing" issues (though there is that). I have some in the hopper that I'd like to put up that can't. It appears you can still add new reviews of products already in the database, but adding new products is a problem.

It's an unfortunate fact that while in its day the reviews database was popular, it wasn't really well supported by the board software, and the various programmers have had to hack to get it in there. This issue isn't likely to be fixed until ENWorld2 goes live.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Psion said:
I miss them too. Unfortunately, this isn't just a "people aren't reviewing" issues (though there is that).

Yeah, it's largely a "it's broken" issue and has been for a long, long, long time. when EN World II appears, it will hopefully feature a working reviews system.

John Cooper

Explorer
I've got at least 8 reviews waiting to be "published" as soon as the site gets back up. Unfortunately, none of them are of products that are already in the database, so I can't add them to the site just yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads