I need a potion name

Sialia

First Post
I need a really good name for a potion of scalding hot steam breath.

It needs to be made up of recognizable English words, and not entirely give away what the potion does.

It might suggest that the potion users mouth and throat will not be wholly immune to the effects.

I've been toying with "Brief Horrible Moments of Sanity," but if I were an adventurer who found a bottle labelled that, I'm not sure I'd be tempted to drink it to find out what it does.

The genre is for something set in contemporary U.S.A. So fire away with the 19th-20th-21st century idioms if you like

Send me ideas.

ForceUser

Explorer
Sialia said:
I need a really good name for a potion of scalding hot steam breath.

It needs to be made up of recognizable English words, and not entirely give away what the potion does.

It might suggest that the potion users mouth and throat will not be wholly immune to the effects.

I've been toying with "Brief Horrible Moments of Sanity," but if I were an adventurer who found a bottle labelled that, I'm not sure I'd be tempted to drink it to find out what it does.

The genre is for something set in contemporary U.S.A. So fire away with the 19th-20th-21st century idioms if you like

Send me ideas.
Draught of Fire
Draught of Flame

Sialia

First Post
Keep 'em coming.

I'm looking for something more film noir, or gothic.

Something you might find on a modern mad scientist's lab bench and not be certain whether it was his current work, or something he uncovered from an earlier age.

Perhaps something evocative of gaslight Cthulhu, or steam punk.

A mysterious potion, which it may or may not be wise to imbibe. One of those shady borders between science and magic things.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
"Boiler's Beverage" or have a bunch of them in a box and cal it a "Case of Victorian Vapors"

Last edited:

PowerWordDumb

First Post
Sialia said:
A mysterious potion, which it may or may not be wise to imbibe. One of those shady borders between science and magic things.

So, in other words, pretty much any modern designer hot-sauce bottle with depictions of skulls, flaming back passages, and chili symbols drawn upon it, with outrageous titular references to death, explosive diarrrhea, and sobbing like a girl?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Potion of Breathalyzer's Dismay

Potion of the Pan Lung (or whatever that Dragon from Oriental Adventures was that shot steam)

Remove ads