I need help making a custom weapon.

Puxido

First Post
I'm having a campaign coming up soon, and I have an idea for an NPC but I need help with one of his weapons. He's gonna be a cthuloid (custom race) and he's going to have predator style blade gauntlets. I want him to be able to hold a weapon while wearing them though, I have a basic idea though. They could work as a special type of weapon where when worn but unarmed you can hold and use another weapon in combat, but the deploy the blades takes a move action, while the blades are deployed you can hold a weapon but not use it on combat, and if nothing is being held you can use them for d6 damage (medium)[though, I was thinking of making him a large race]. The reason I want the weapon to work this way was because I wanted him to use a trident, but have the wrist blades as a backup if he was disarmed.

was

Adventurer
I remember there was a bladed gauntlet back in 3rd that was very similar. It basically used short sword stats. It had two blades about the same size. I'm not sure about the collapsible part though. It's easy if the blades are magical, but I don't know the engineering for a mechanism to retract them.

Grimgrin

First Post
How about something like this:

Spring Blade Gauntlet (Light Exotic or Racial Martial Weapon): This metal gauntlet has twin telescoping foot foot long blades that slide behind the wrist when not in use. While retracted the wearer can use other weapons or hold objects with that hand, but when she tightly balls her fist the blades spring free. Triggering the spring blades is a free action but the mechanism is fragile and will jam in place on an attack roll of "1". Othen worn as a pair and used as alternate or concealed weapons.

Price: 60gp; Damage: (Sm) 1d4, (Med*) 1d6; Crit: 19-20/x2, Weight: 3lbs*, Type: Slashing, PF Trait: Fragile

Puxido

First Post
How about something like this:

Spring Blade Gauntlet (Light Exotic or Racial Martial Weapon): This metal gauntlet has twin telescoping foot foot long blades that slide behind the wrist when not in use. While retracted the wearer can use other weapons or hold objects with that hand, but when she tightly balls her fist the blades spring free. Triggering the spring blades is a free action but the mechanism is fragile and will jam in place on an attack roll of "1". Othen worn as a pair and used as alternate or concealed weapons.

Price: 60gp; Damage: (Sm) 1d4, (Med*) 1d6; Crit: 19-20/x2, Weight: 3lbs*, Type: Slashing, PF Trait: Fragile

I like the idea so far, but I'm not sure about the fragile conditioning. If the tool jams, what would the player have to do to unjam it?

Grimgrin

First Post
Obviously its a benefit to have a short sword thats easy to hide and never be disarmed, so "fragile" is to keep it from being too OP.

You could have a rule for unjamming it during combat, just fight with a "broken" weapon (-2 to attack), or just start punching.

Last edited:

Remove ads