D&D 5E I need help picking the classes for this character!

Slit518

Adventurer
My friends and I are going to play a rather Gonzo campaign.

We're all going to be celebrities as D&D characters.

My character is Jim Carrey, and his power is to be different characters he has played in movies, what I need help is associating classes with the character.
1) Ace Ventura - Druid; Ranger
2) The Mask
3) The Riddler
4) Fire Marshall Bill from In Living Color
5) Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber
6) Bruce Almighty

If you feel I have forgotten any iconic characters (like Cable Guy), let me know below!

Shiroiken

Legend
I'd got with Wizard (abjurer)/Rogue (Inquisitive) with the Hermit Background (also, insane). Mask and Bruce Almighty mean magical power, Fire Marshal Bill means survival, Riddler and Ace Venture means intelligence (although Lloyd goes against that). If you wanted to go single class, I'd go with Sorcerer (Divine Soul), but not quite as durable unless you take defensive spells.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I'd have a lot of fun playing a Cursed One who has to agree with everything (Yes Man) and can't lie (Liar Liar). :D

Anytime he doesn't go along with something or lie, maybe he has disadvantage on his next roll or something. Or it might continue until he does what he must or tells the truth?

aco175

Legend
What was the movie where he had the split personality and kept getting beat up. It had Renee Zelwigger (sp) and 3 black sons that saved him.

aco175

Legend
It would make good roleplaying to be able to smacktalk before a fight and making your PC not a fighter would fit and be fun to start off as. Maybe make him a rogue to still be useful.

Slit518

Adventurer
Jim Carrey himself won't be one class, each role of his will be a different class.

I need help defining what class each role should have.

What I am thinking is he has a 13 in each stat, a custom background that allows him to get +2 to 1 stat, and +1 to another, he chooses his role at the beginning of each day.
So for example The Mask may get +2 Dex, +1 Cha or something.

My friends and I are going to play a rather Gonzo campaign.

We're all going to be celebrities as D&D characters.

My character is Jim Carrey, and his power is to be different characters he has played in movies, what I need help is associating classes with the character.
1) Ace Ventura - Druid; Ranger
2) The Mask
3) The Riddler
4) Fire Marshall Bill from In Living Color
5) Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber
6) Bruce Almighty

If you feel I have forgotten any iconic characters (like Cable Guy), let me know below!

As far as the mask goes I would make him a rogue sorcerer and for the riddler be just a rogue but as far as the mask goes you need to remember that he had amnesia after taking the mask off so you may have to incorporate some of the negatives of the mask when he becomes that character.

As for another iconic character of jim Carey's you forgot Truman from the Truman show.

Slit518

Adventurer
As far as the mask goes I would make him a rogue sorcerer and for the riddler be just a rogue but as far as the mask goes you need to remember that he had amnesia after taking the mask off so you may have to incorporate some of the negatives of the mask when he becomes that character.

As for another iconic character of jim Carey's you forgot Truman from the Truman show.

I also forgot the Grinch too! So many possibilities!

Remove ads